[ROM] [Rom] Newts OnE XxX beta (Sense 4 ICS 4.0.3) 4/2/2012

Newtoroot

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Ok guys after 2 months of hair pulling, chain smoking and fighting with the wife it is finally coming together... i have made a mixed rom from Endeavor, Evita, and vigor.... this is my baby and i would appreciate if you leave negative comments to yourself....

screenshot2012040110503.png
screenshot2012033123540.png
screenshot2012040110492.png
screenshot2012040110494.png
screenshot2012040110495.png
screenshot2012040110512.png

Change log:
BETA 1 - 4/1/12:
  • Rebased on Evita 1.44.502.1 CL44148 release-keys
  • Rooted
  • Zipaligned
  • Busybox support
  • initd support
  • batt calibration
  • sd read ahead
  • odex
  • my custom speed tweaks
  • added all vzw specific code
  • added vzw LTE support
  • Ramscript
  • fixed the following:
- Data!!!!
- calls
- txt
- wifi
- bluetooth
- sound
- sd card
- sd card mount to pc(both drives)
- overlay problem
- lag
- camera/video
- video playback
- fixed Epst
- fixed GPS
- dont have bluetooth so dont know​

Known Bugs:
  • bluetooth
  • gallery is off center
  • have to turn animations off on boot
  • time doesnt set automatically
  • you tell me

DEV NOTICE​

I have spent 2 months working on fixing data for these sense 4 roms and it was the hardest thing i have ever done in android, so heres the deal im going to release and i will allow other devs to use my work with permission and the proper credits, but i want 2 weeks after the 2 weeks you can pm me and ask to use the rom as a base if you wish... i dont think thats to much to ask and it sounds fair to me... im far from stupid guys just please dont kang me i will share.

Credits:

• HTC
  • Google
  • Aamikam
  • Fernando sor
  • Eris

Attention!!!
My script is setup to wipe everything so make a backup of anything on internal sd you dont want to lose
I am not responsible for any loss or damage to your phone if you flash this rom

Installation instructions for rom
-download rom
-copy to sd
-reboot to recovery
-wipe data, system, and dalvik
-Flash rom

**Installation of boot.img**
-download boot.img
-copy to pc to your fastboot directory
-cd to the directory
-type these commands
-"fastboot flash boot boot.img"

also there are other ways to flash the bootimg its up to you how you do it

reboot and enjoy

when you get booted you need to go into settings and turn off animations or it will freeze up

To keep things a little more organized please look below to find related materials about this ROM
For any questions u might have about this ROM go HERE
For general discussion about this ROM go HERE
For themes, mods and tweaks for this ROM go HERE
To report bugs you found in the ROM go HERE

Download Links

ROM

Newts_OnE_XxX_beta

Boot
Sense4_boot.img

Insidious

Reaction score
Aaawwwww yeeeeaaahhhh! Newt did an awesome job on this!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

hoboX10

Reaction score
I posted these questions on mik forums but if anyone else here can answer them that would be cool.

Does this still have the useful Verizon things such as backup assistant?

Are you able to use certain stock features instead of HTC Sense's version (like the Live Wallpaper selector, I hate the Sense one)?

Any cool setting options like having the soft key lights always-on?

Are you able to do something about the Wifi widget where tapping it goes into the app instead of just enabling wifi?

Are you able to get rid of the Info box on the GPS widget and make it just enable GPS? Is the icon removed from notification bar when it is not on?

Option for vertical, horizontal, or de-paged app drawer?

Volume as camera shutter?

Ability to turn on unlock animation? (the old TV style animation)

Does this have HTC Hub?

Any other things you can tell me about this rom?

Insidious

Reaction score
I posted these questions on mik forums but if anyone else here can answer them that would be cool.

Any other things you can tell me about this rom?

As of now this is only an ruu port. So that means its as close to stock Sense 4 for the One X as possible. It does have HTC hub, but nothing is available for it. Even though this ROM doesn't have the features that you asked for, Newt did an incredible job; and an update for it should be out soon. So I definately recommend giving this ROM a shot.

hoboX10

Reaction score
As of now this is only an ruu port. So that means its as close to stock Sense 4 for the One X as possible. It does have HTC hub, but nothing is available for it. Even though this ROM doesn't have the features that you asked for, Newt did an incredible job; and an update for it should be out soon. So I definately recommend giving this ROM a shot.

Ah thanks hopefully most of the things I asked about will be added at a later date. It would pretty much be the perfect ROM.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Ah thanks hopefully most of the things I asked about will be added at a later date. It would pretty much be the perfect ROM.

Newt is updating soon with what should be a 100% stable ROM. The additions you've asked about will probably not be included but once the ROM is more stable I'm sure people will start adding mods. Like the camera shutter mod I'm sure could be added/ported from [CAMERA BUTTON]VSTART AND TAKE PICS WITH VOLUME - [CDMA] Galaxy Nexus Development - RootzWiki

Allstar

Reaction score
Just downloaded your Rom, I have been stalking it for a few days. This is the first Rom I am trying. I flashed it through the Amon Ra option after wiping it the way you stated in your instructions. Mine seems to be hanging on the HTC splash screen. Any ideas?

Allstar

Reaction score
Yep tried it a couple times, it isn't working for me. I went to boot loader and tried to flash the PH98img.zip/Ineffibilis and it worked.

pbickel

Reaction score
I've really wanted to flash this rom to test the sense 4.0 and I have flashed the boot.img and everything but when the phone boots up and gets to the set up wizard where you choose language and such it always freezes up and starts to reboot so I can never set the phone up. Does anyone else have this problem or a solution?

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I've really wanted to flash this rom to test the sense 4.0 and I have flashed the boot.img and everything but when the phone boots up and gets to the set up wizard where you choose language and such it always freezes up and starts to reboot so I can never set the phone up. Does anyone else have this problem or a solution?

Try hitting the home key a few times when setup comes up.

pbickel

Reaction score
Try hitting the home key a few times when setup comes up.

That got me past the set up but now I unlock it and it vibrates for about 20 seconds and then reboots again before I can turn off animations or anything

pbickel

Reaction score
Could the fact that I'm coming from Scott's clean Rom effect how this one is running