[ROM] [SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 4 -- [BETA 03/05/2012]

Cstryon

Reaction score
I don't seem to have sound when making phone calls, is this a known issue? Or is this just my phone?
Nevermind. The bluetooth audio routing wackyness must be it.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score
You are trying to run an ICS (4.0.x) Operating System on top of a kernel designed to run Gingerbread (2.3.x) Operation System.....and you are upset that developers are unable to get a reliable data connection?? Seriously?

Install the ICS leak or switch back to a Gingerbread based ROM.
im on a gb rom because cm9,aosp and gummy has data issues still.. months after the release. my d2 had ics roms built over gb, data was never a problem and doesnt seem to be a problem on any other platform other than the d4. i understand ur poke with the gas and diesel comment but i would wonder why it wouldnt work IF the manufacture said i could run my gas powered car on diesel, here run ur gas powered car with diesel but u cant use your accelerator. ur analogy sucks.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Your D2 only had 3G data to contend with. The D4 has 3G and LTE to deal with. CyanogenMod (the CM team) has abandoned Motorola Verizon phones completely. AOKP doesn't make a ROM for the Droid 4 either... Hashcode has made a device config for the Droid 4 and pulled the repositories of those ROMs and made them. It's basically one guy working on his spare time with zero help from any manufacturer.

Since the Manufacturer (using the example some one posted about cars) said "your phone runs Motoblur Gingerbread 2.3.6 and that's it" with you putting something else in the tank (CM9/ICS), the analogy was pretty good. Don't expect it to run as well or at all. Motorola never said you could run CM9/ICS on your phone.

Motorola is working on ICS, there are leaks out that show where they are out (and hey...no data issues). The single guy working on CM9/ICS is also working on CM9/ICS based off that kernel. Expect it to not have data issues since it will be running off the kernel ICS is built around.....but he'll need time to figure out the changes needed from building CM9/ICS on top of a Gingerbread kernel to just building CM9/ICS for a ICS kernel based Droid 4.

Seriously....if you are upset because someone sitting at home, spending their spare/free time working on something they get no compensation for isn't working the way you want it to work right now....even though their first release was months ago......it might be time to move on. How much money have you donated? How much time have you spent researching 3G/4G connectivity on Motorola devices with Android source. How about with 4.0x source running on a GB kernel? Send some of this research information you've found to the developers, I'm sure they'll be more than happy to implement it in to their next build.

Heck...Motorola hasn't released ICS yet...and they've had the source since it came out, have a team of developers, have contracts/talks with the hardware chipset manufactures, have contracts/talks with Google/Android.....and theirs isn't out yet......but Hashcode, on his own, should have his working with just a few months of work...still limited to the locked bootloader, older GB kernel, etc... Seriously?????

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score
ive donated plently of money over the 2 years i had my d2, the d4 hasnt had much come out for it worth donating for.. i understand the concept of if you dont like it, learn to do it yourself or stfu... i get that. 4g lte isnt a new technology, there are other 4g lte phones that have working roms. we have 2 gb roms and 3 ics roms with data messed up. im just frustrated being stuck with one working rom after 4 months of owning the phone.

bofis

Reaction score
im on a gb rom because cm9,aosp and gummy has data issues still.. months after the release. my d2 had ics roms built over gb, data was never a problem and doesnt seem to be a problem on any other platform other than the d4. i understand ur poke with the gas and diesel comment but i would wonder why it wouldnt work IF the manufacture said i could run my gas powered car on diesel, here run ur gas powered car with diesel but u cant use your accelerator. ur analogy sucks.

Your attitude sucks. I had a Droid2 before this Droid4 also and was running CM7 on it specifically because CM9 is still very much NOT ready for prime time, even on the Droid2. I tried getting ICS to work on it, but ICS running over the GB kernel was buggy and no amount of work got it up and running well enough that it could be a daily driver. I have since put CM7 back on it and passed it on to my wife who LOVES it and has not had any problems. I'm currently enjoying the Eclipse port on my Droid4 and have no complains at all. Data is solid as a rock and you can even toggle it to be 3G only easily enough. Don't complain and whine about something that is basically an alpha build having bugs. You knew that going into it, and with any luck, Hash will get an ICS-based CM9 up and running maybe even before Motorola releases ICS-blur officially. Our continued patience will be rewarded

kenji91

Reaction score
Your attitude sucks. I had a Droid2 before this Droid4 also and was running CM7 on it specifically because CM9 is still very much NOT ready for prime time, even on the Droid2. I tried getting ICS to work on it, but ICS running over the GB kernel was buggy and no amount of work got it up and running well enough that it could be a daily driver. I have since put CM7 back on it and passed it on to my wife who LOVES it and has not had any problems. I'm currently enjoying the Eclipse port on my Droid4 and have no complains at all. Data is solid as a rock and you can even toggle it to be 3G only easily enough. Don't complain and whine about something that is basically an alpha build having bugs. You knew that going into it, and with any luck, Hash will get an ICS-based CM9 up and running maybe even before Motorola releases ICS-blur officially. Our continued patience will be rewarded

I'm on the .208 ICS leak right now but I kind of miss having the Eclipse port on GB. As great as ICS is, I'm not sure I'd take Motoblur ICS over custom GB roms. But I'm here now and there's no going back. Just gonna have to wait til CM9 is released. Thank god for app freezing. :)

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score
i never liked arctic, and i dont really care for the interface for eclipse but thats all we have for gb :biggrin: sorry about my disregard for our hard working developers earlier today, woke up on the wrong side of the bed.:p

r314bd

Reaction score
Tweet from Hashcode this morning:

QFkGN.jpg

superskaterxes

Reaction score
i just wish there was a way they could just clear the cache automatically every time the phone rebooted so i wouldent have to worry about doing it myself.

cron666

Reaction score
When i was on these builds i used Phone Prioritizer from the market.
edited the reboot script in /sdcard/phonePrioritizer to include
Code:
busybox rm -R /data/dalvik-cache
reboot
/data/data/com.koushikdutta.rommanager/files/reboot

the second reboot command uses Kaush's rom manager reboot binary in case the built-in reboot command doesnt work.
set the reboot script to run every day at 5am and start the service every boot so its ready to reboot the next morning.

supershot666

Reaction score
Took a picture and the camera got stuck on the photo after the picture was taken. Had to force close the camera. Now the phone "Can't connect to the camera" I'm Guessing a restart will fix this. I Will try a reboot to see what happens for kicks and report back.

* Reboot - phone booted in GSM only mode. 3G connected for about 2 seconds then dropped. I tried a bunch of data switches to get 4g connected but with no luck.

Power off no cache wipe - never connected to any data. Tried the same data switches to get the data running but couldn't get it to connect.

Power off and cache wipe - Was greeted with a error message "Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped." I clicked "ok" (the only option) and it popped up again. The message infinitely looped so I shut the phone off and did another cache wipe.

After second power off and cache wipe - Message looped again. Now I am Flashing the nightly again.

All back up and running again no issues.

after flashing the nightly again - message still looping no service cant do much with phone.... help?

got the error message to stop popping up by turning airplane mode on (had to go to settings panel to do it)

Backing up using titanium backup then doing a full wipe and reinstalling last stable build.

Doing a fresh install fixed the phone process. Restored things in TB that needed a restart clearing caches and trying again.

Phone is all fixed up now. running great no data drops.

Last edited:

Melatonin

Reaction score
Don't get hung up on the data connection. It doesn't work for most people. But the camera should work most of the time. Mine locks up sometimes too. Those and the voice to text are the only issues I think.

Last edited:

Cstryon

Reaction score
Gasp! Was just getting ready to jump on 211

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2