[ROM] [SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 4 -- [BETA 03/05/2012]

superskaterxes

Reaction score
is there a simpler change log then what he posts?

something along the lines of:

BT finally working, but volume is still too low
4G/3G switching has been fixed, no more reboot required.

the change log he posts isent even in chronological order haha

Melatonin

Reaction score
Because almost everyone has WiFi and carriers make you pay monthly for their internet. Or else I wouldn't lol.
I know, I also hate paying so much for 4g, but I don't have wifi everywhere. If I am at home or the office I use my laptop and wifi. On the road, tether 4g vpn or just droid it. But I have always loved to mess with how things work and customize. Can't wait for a beta, just need data working. I like 9 a lot so far.

pgarlinski

Reaction score
superskaterxes said:

Not that I'm aware of. You might just want to follow Hash on Twitter for something like that and ask about that. Right now, this is the best we have for a change log.

Cegal

Reaction score
superskaterxes said:

From what I understand, no one actually "posts" the change log, it pulls changes and the nightly cm9 automatically from the device? It doesn't make any sense to me but I saw it posted somewhere on this thread.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
From what I understand, no one actually "posts" the change log, it pulls changes and the nightly cm9 automatically from the device? It doesn't make any sense to me but I saw it posted somewhere on this thread.

Close. It pulls them from the github repo's and uses the "commit" comments that whomever pushed the change/commit to the repo added.

Cstryon

Reaction score
So I am about to get a Droid 4, upgrading from Droid 2. (Sitting next to the door, waiting for delivery!). I am wanting to go to CM9 but I have some questions. Is there a recommended build, or should I just go with the latest nightly? Does Chrome work? Is there any major problems I need to be aware of? I'm not much of a complainer, so I'm not too worried about bugs, and will do what ever I can to help fix it.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
So I am about to get a Droid 4, upgrading from Droid 2. (Sitting next to the door, waiting for delivery!). I am wanting to go to CM9 but I have some questions. Is there a recommended build, or should I just go with the latest nightly? Does Chrome work? Is there any major problems I need to be aware of? I'm not much of a complainer, so I'm not too worried about bugs, and will do what ever I can to help fix it.

Personally...my suggestion would be to just run the phone stock for a week or so and make sure everything is good with the phone/hardware itself before doing a lot of changes. Root if you like, but stay near stock.

There are a lot of changes coming down the line in the not distant future. Official ICS, CM9 based on the ICS leaks, etc... all being a better environment than CM9/ICS running on a Gingerbread kernel and all the limitations it forces.

Enjoy the Droid 4 for a bit...it's a significant improvement over the Droid 2 as is.....

kenji91

Reaction score
Personally...my suggestion would be to just run the phone stock for a week or so and make sure everything is good with the phone/hardware itself before doing a lot of changes. Root if you like, but stay near stock.

There are a lot of changes coming down the line in the not distant future. Official ICS, CM9 based on the ICS leaks, etc... all being a better environment than CM9/ICS running on a Gingerbread kernel and all the limitations it forces.

Enjoy the Droid 4 for a bit...it's a significant improvement over the Droid 2 as is.....

Being someone that came from D2 and went to D4, I agree 100% with this post.

I will add, however, that I'd recommend you use an app to freeze bloatware as the battery does die quickly. If you're dying for a change like I was, I liked Eclipse 1.3 (which is still based on GB 2.3.6).

I used that for a month or two with no issues. I recently switched to the ICS leak and am itching to flash CM9 when its ready.

But like tcrews said, play with it for a week or so before making any drastic changes. You'll appreciate them more that way. :)

jeffcicale

Reaction score
kenji91 said:
Being someone that came from D2 and went to D4, I agree 100% with this post.

I will add, however, that I'd recommend you use an app to freeze bloatware as the battery does die quickly. If you're dying for a change like I was, I liked Eclipse 1.3 (which is still based on GB 2.3.6).

I used that for a month or two with no issues. I recently switched to the ICS leak and am itching to flash CM9 when its ready.

But like tcrews said, play with it for a week or so before making any drastic changes. You'll appreciate them more that way. :)

+1 on that!

Cstryon

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys! I had my D4 for about 3 hours, played around with it. Then, because I'm a crack flasher...installed cm9 >.<. But I love it. Everything from before I flashed, and after, is just better! I love the keyboard more too. So far I have no issues, but I have noticed quickclock advanced says its not compatible with this device. I assume it might be a fingerprint issue because of cm9?

I promise I do take advice! I'm just a crack flasher :p
Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

superskaterxes

Reaction score
does anyone know if the upcoming ICS build will fix the loss of data on reboot (and having to clear cache every time) and the bluetooth no sound issue? these are my only 2 gripes with the data issue being #1.

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score
its just crazy to me that data cant be fixed in the 3-4 months the roms have been coming out.. ive never seen such a huge issue not get ressolved, i could handle the camera not working, backlight problems, but data? the number one thing a rom should have is connectivitly and not one developer can figure it out? its frustrating and sorry about my selfless rant

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
its just crazy to me that data cant be fixed in the 3-4 months the roms have been coming out.. ive never seen such a huge issue not get ressolved, i could handle the camera not working, backlight problems, but data? the number one thing a rom should have is connectivitly and not one developer can figure it out? its frustrating and sorry about my selfless rant

You are trying to run an ICS (4.0.x) Operating System on top of a kernel designed to run Gingerbread (2.3.x) Operation System.....and you are upset that developers are unable to get a reliable data connection?? Seriously?

Install the ICS leak or switch back to a Gingerbread based ROM.

kenji91

Reaction score
You are trying to run an ICS (4.0.x) Operating System on top of a kernel designed to run Gingerbread (2.3.x) Operation System.....and you are upset that developers are unable to get a reliable data connection?? Seriously?

Install the ICS leak or switch back to a Gingerbread based ROM.

That would be like wondering why your gas-powered car doesn't run on diesel.