[ROM] [NIGHTLY] UNOFFICIAL CM9/ICS For Droid 4 For MotoICS Leak

thelolotov

Reaction score
So if anyone wants to try the latest leak and report battery life? I'm on eclipse now cause my battery life on cm9 was short. But I sure do miss cm9!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Well sir, you're in luck! I just got finished getting my phone's safestrap back up and running, and I'll be using my phone a lot tomorrow, so I'll let you know! But I wouldn't expect miracles, as I haven't seen any changes on GitHub lately.

thelolotov

Reaction score
Well sir, you're in luck! I just got finished getting my phone's safestrap back up and running, and I'll be using my phone a lot tomorrow, so I'll let you know! But I wouldn't expect miracles, as I haven't seen any changes on GitHub lately.

Battery life still seems to be crap, and I'm losing data constantly on this build, I'd stick with the 7/23 build.

Edit: I retract that, not sure it was the build that did that, because it persisted when I returned to stock. It eventually worked itself out after I installed the new SS and restored a backup, then updated to the new build.

Last edited:

Cstryon

Reaction score
Thanks Lolo! I like that you are on the D4 now. Your one of my droid 2 heros! I'll stay on eclipse and probably wait till a kexec build comes out.

thelolotov

Reaction score
Quite frankly, I helped fix one tiny bug in CM9, that's pretty much the extent of what I contributed. All I did besides that was compile builds. Not really a hero... I did a lot of *****ing, I guess.

thelolotov

Reaction score

the1calledbubba

Reaction score
Battery Life Stats:
Both were done with a cpu governor that clocks back to 800 MHz when the screen is off. Both tests were run at least 10 times from 100% to <15% battery.
Phone was running 7-25-2012 Build

With consistent 4gLTE connection: ~10hrs battery life, 11 Max

With consistent Wifi connection: ~38hrs battery life, 40 Max.

I think it's safe to say the 4g connection is the biggest battery drain at this point

Cstryon

Reaction score
FYI: There is a kexec CM9 build on ROMbot now. Biggest bug is that camera does not work. Good to actually see a working build though!

http://files.rombot.org/ROMs/maserati/kexec/

Droid 4 - AOKP K1L0

That's awesome! I need my camera so I'll wait. Does anyone know the major differences? Like what is new with the kernel now that kexec is working? Or is this more a proof of concept now?

kwyrt

Reaction score
That's awesome! I need my camera so I'll wait. Does anyone know the major differences? Like what is new with the kernel now that kexec is working? Or is this more a proof of concept now?

Looks like cron666 started an official thread for it with a what's working and not. Don't really know if there is anything different with the kernel. Might want to ask over there.

Droid 4 - AOKP K1L0

MoonScar119

Reaction score
This just hit page 2 now. Is this one no longer supported and we are onto the new thread now?

I hate upgrading with non-working cameras lol

auronis

Reaction score
Any way to get the physical keyboard auto-correct suggestions to show up while typing? Or is this a Motorola/Blur only function?

I've been using the CM9 stock found here

Directory index · styled with h5ai

I also remember I couldn't see the suggestions while running AOKP