[ROM] [SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 4 -- [BETA 03/05/2012]

Gangrif

Reaction score
Installed.

A few things to note. Hash tweeted that he had forgotten a package that hell include tonight, which makes the data transition more smooth I believe.

Camera works, as does video cam!

Its based on the 211 leak, I believe this means you need at least 211 installed first.

moccor

Reaction score
Can this be flashed over any ICS leak or does it have to be flashed over .211?

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Whats the best way for me to install this?
I am on 2.3.6 rooted.

Return to 100℅ stock, upgrade to the latest ICS leak, reroot, install the new safe strap and then install the CM9/ICS Leak version Hashcode just released.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Gangrif

Reaction score
Whats the best way for me to install this? I am on 2.3.6 rooted.
I believe there are a few requirements. 1. You must be running the ICS 211 LEAK. You can find a number of threads about how to install the leak. 2. Every guide ive read installs this rom in safeboot, after enabling the safe system. I dont know if thats certainly required or not, but it sure it nice to be able to toggle back to stock (ics leak in this case) if needed. Keep in mind that the ics leak REPLACES gingerbread, and you cant return to gingerbread after installing it.

JKingDev

Reaction score
Installed.

A few things to note. Hash tweeted that he had forgotten a package that hell include tonight, which makes the data transition more smooth I believe.

Camera works, as does video cam!

Its based on the 211 leak, I believe this means you need at least 211 installed first.
Have any other issues been fixed too? Is there still the bluetooth audio bug? What about hw codecs (ie chrome support)? Wondering if moving to an ICS kernel solved all of that. Regardless of those issues it sounds like this is already greatly improved.

Cstryon

Reaction score
Whats the best way for me to install this?
I am on 2.3.6 rooted.

I started from cm9 ics on gb kernel. I used the droid 4 utility, you can find it in the droid 4 hacks section. Returned to gb. Boot into recovery and installed ota, (provided by latest droid 4 utility). Now in ics .211. Then I rooted, and installed safestrap, (also using utility) and then enabled safe mode and wipe data, cache, install ics leak cm9.
Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

mdiaz5

Reaction score
Thk guys im going to upgrade to 211 then root and install safestrap

Cstryon

Reaction score
So I'm on ics leak cm9 and don't seem to have a data connection.

MoonScar119

Reaction score
So I'm on ics leak cm9 and don't seem to have a data connection.

took about 10 minutes for my data to start working after the load. your phone is just busy configuring itsself

Cstryon

Reaction score
I've been on wifi, since I noticed data wasn't working, should I switch off wifi and wait?

EDIT: So I let data sit on itself, but it didn't work. But then I I switched data to all kinds of different options in m mobile data settings and switched back to lte/cdma, and now my 3g is working, though I have not seen 4g working. I will switch to lte only and see if that works.

Last edited:

supershot666

Reaction score
having issues with moving to the ICS leak to get to to the new CM9. I'm running windows XP parallels on my mac. I run the Droid 4 utility and I tried to use 1 to return to GB but when i get through the information it just sits waiting for phone. I have my phone plugged in to my laptop waiting in "AP flashboot" mode. My computer recognizes it and ask if it should connect to "my computer or my virtual PC." I click "Virtual PC" and then nothing. It sits waiting for device.

Also should I already have ICS pushed to my EXT-SD before i return to GB? Because I have tried and in droid 4 utility when I type 15 and hit enter it just sits on a blank page. thank you for all your help!

finndo77

Reaction score
I have zero knowledge of parallels, but yes you need to put the leak OTA on the SD ext before doing anything else

MoonScar119

Reaction score
For the nex 211 ics cm9 that was released 2 days ago in alpha state.... do we have a bug reporting place? I noticed the directional arrows up, down, left, and right are reversed