[ROM] [Rom] Newts OnE XxX beta (Sense 4 ICS 4.0.3) 4/2/2012

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm fairly sure there's only one patch it's just been distributed with different ROMs.

chained22

Reaction score
just throwing it out there, but i'm liking newt's rc 2.1. everything is buttery smooth. great work

pbickel

Reaction score
I had it on mine but I went back to clean Rom because mine seemed to be lagging way to much and it wouldn't update 2.1

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I had it on mine but I went back to clean Rom because mine seemed to be lagging way to much and it wouldn't update 2.1

I'm not sure if you're up for it, but I think being on the old firmware is causing this issue. I'm on the 605.22 firmware and all the ICS ROMs run fine.

toastofchaos

Reaction score
this rom just keeps on restarting

As stated in post title, the thing just keeps restarting. It'll load up a little bit and I can click a button or two and then the phone restarts. it hasn't stopped yet... I'm really anxious for this. I've been up all night. please help me out

toastofchaos

Reaction score
I have basically the same problem as Pbickel had. and in fact i came from one of scott's roms as well. Agent smith you were saying something about applying a patch? how would I go about doing that to stop this silly boot-loop.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I have basically the same problem as Pbickel had. and in fact i came from one of scott's roms as well. Agent smith you were saying something about applying a patch? how would I go about doing that to stop this silly boot-loop.

Re-flash the kernel and flash the 'old firmware' patch. I believe I posted a link to it earlier but I'll dig it up again. I know Joelz has it on Team Bamf's website.

toastofchaos

Reaction score
i've seen assorted bootlooping fixes posted here and there and none of them are working. some say pull the battery cover off. some say do that and take out the sim card. I tried both, tried with just battery cover and sim in. and tried with battery cover and sim out. and it still is boot looping. they say you have to change a setting from cdma to lte/cdma but it bootloops so quickly i don't have time to go change the setting.

toastofchaos

Reaction score
by "re-flash the kernel" do you mean just the boot.img or reinstalling the entire rom and fastbooting the boot.img again? btw your posts are immensely helpful mrsmith (aside from me now knowing hboot is the same as bootloader lol)

toastofchaos

Reaction score
Re-flash the kernel and flash the 'old firmware' patch. I believe I posted a link to it earlier but I'll dig it up again. I know Joelz has it on Team Bamf's website.

I checked teambamf's website in the downloads section and couldn't find anything about this old firmware patch. And would i have to do the old firmware patch first and then re-flash my kernel? Thank you

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Just flash it in recovery. It has a bunch of libraries and such that will fix some of the weird issues you have. Reflashing the kernel should fix the rest.

toastofchaos

Reaction score
yes i have done as you said and it has fixed the bootlooping issue! thank you so very very much!