[ROM] Lithium Mod - Source built awesomeness! Themes galore!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've decided I'm going to go back to a jdlfg kernel because I've used that Slayher kernel now with interactive CPU governor for several days now and I've come to the conclusion that, on my phone, it acts a little choppier (presumably because that dev compiled his kernel with all modules installed), and I've also noticed my battery life cut by a significant amount. After going to the Overclock 101 forum and posting a question there, it became clear to me that an 'interactive' CPU governor is most likely not for me. I'd rather keep a fixed voltage anyway.

Plus, since jdlfg compiled his kernel with only the necessary modules needed to run Li-Mod ROM, it feels snappier than a kernel with all modules loaded. I did kinda like the idea of the compcache feature to gain extra swap memory space, but I have not even seen or performed any performance tests to prove that there are no reductions in performance as a result of running compcache. It does seem to give more virtual memory, but the question remains, does it slow down performance? I don't know, but perhaps someone else here could say.

But the end perception to me is that my overall performance and battery life was better when I had been running the jdlfg kernel since it was built with Li-Mod in mind (lean/mean).

Any thoughts?

kernels

I too tried a slayer kernel, the 1.1 (have been using the jdlfg 1.1 for a few days now, P3 prior to that) Slayer one gave a great quadrant score, then phone rebooted, and reboots randomly. Back to jdlfg (P3 was so similar in speed it was a toss up) both work with my 3G and wifi. Battery seems similar, the feel seems snappier on the jdlfg more than the quadrant shows.

On a side note the whole stagefright removal Killed my score but the phone seems the same, tried the other fix that sapphire uses have and score suffered less.

I too tried a slayer kernel, the 1.1 (have been using the jdlfg 1.1 for a few days now, P3 prior to that) Slayer one gave a great quadrant score, then phone rebooted, and reboots randomly. Back to jdlfg (P3 was so similar in speed it was a toss up) both work with my 3G and wifi. Battery seems similar, the feel seems snappier on the jdlfg more than the quadrant shows.

On a side note the whole stagefright removal Killed my score but the phone seems the same, tried the other fix that sapphire uses have and score suffered less.

The only difference between jdlfg & p3 for me is i can run 1.2+ on jd's

Running stock theme... doesn't have Adobe Flash 10.1, not available in market. Where do I get it?

Also would he be able to included the new 2.2 update in his next ROM for those of us who couldn't get it because we're rooted?

Also would he be able to included the new 2.2 update in his next ROM for those of us who couldn't get it because we're rooted?

yea, the new version should be used when the next version come out...but if it takes too long, there might be another update the week after it comes out...

im going to have to teach myself how to make a good ROM...

Maybe JRummy is taking time off to write a book "How to make the perfect ROM: for dummies"

I'm sure the next LithiumMod release will be based on CyanogenMod 6's source, which *should* be FRG22 based. Now that CM6 is finalized, I'm sure the Lithmod kru is hard at work. Check out #lithmod on Freenode and hit them up. :)

Although they DID have that poll asking if LiMod should be built off source or CM. The majority vote was for source.

next lith mod

I remember reading a post from Jrummy16 if I remember right, that the poll showed a desire for source but that the team was going to use final CM6.

I would imagine going to the lithmod IRC channel and asking would clear it up for good.

I miss JRummy...it seems like it's been way too long for a new version... :dry:

JUST was thinking the same thing. others on the team haven't been heard from either?

Don't know about the others in the Lithmod team but if you missed it JRummy posted about him not being around as much in this thread HERE....

I just wanted to let everyone know that I plan on taking more time off of doing things in the android world. It doesn't mean I'm leaving or quiting all together. It's too much fun to stop. For the past 6 months my life was more open than it is now allowing me to work on the droid more.

Now my schedule is much more demanding which means less time for my fun hobbies :( I plan on still working on it on my free time but maybe for roms in general and more background work. I definently will not have the time/commitment to do as much as I have in the past atleast for the next couple months. I just wanted to let everyone know where I am at so threads don't pop up for ETA's on any of my work.

I remember reading a post from Jrummy16 if I remember right, that the poll showed a desire for source but that the team was going to use final CM6.

I would imagine going to the lithmod IRC channel and asking would clear it up for good.

There was a reason posted for using CM6 in the last post of that poll HERE

For those of you that actually care, and what to see facts, take a look at this.

This is the CyanogenMod repo manifest. This is what developers use to download all the source files to compile Android OS with CM mods. Please notice how many of these projects are actually from the CM github. I'll tell you. It's 64. Now notice how many are from platform (which is AOSP from Google's servers). It's 109.

The CyanogenMod Source is 109 projects from AOSP that are untouched and 64 projects that the CM team have forked and added mods.

The main things in the CM repo that interest us are the frameworks, hardware, and external projects. We are also interested in a few key packages in their repo as well, but not on a "kang" level.

Using the CM source means we will be using (roughly) 30% CM and 70% AOSP. And this is ONLY A BASE TO START WITH. After the first few releases we will be so far forked from CM that the two wont be comparable anymore.

Using CM is indeed "paving our own path" as so many of you have advised. We are not going to be a clone of CM, not on our first release, or any thereafter.

And on that note, I am closing this thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back