[ROM] [ROM] Droid Concepts Froyo Releases [BETA versions]

underwaterjr

Reaction score
Battery to 10% was already on my list.. :)
also I wasn't planning on doing anything with comp-cache because I never felt it did anything, but I will consider any requests. I'm just curious because I've never really seen a benefit to it, but what about it works for you or do you like?

Well I seem to get redraws unless it is enabled. Not all the time but it will happen if I'm browsing for a while or get a call while working in another app. I'm using launcher pro with 5 screens and 6 widgits...maybe that might have something to do with it as well.

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
Battery to 10% was already on my list.. :)
also I wasn't planning on doing anything with comp-cache because I never felt it did anything, but I will consider any requests. I'm just curious because I've never really seen a benefit to it, but what about it works for you or do you like?

Well I seem to get redraws unless it is enabled. Not all the time but it will happen if I'm browsing for a while or get a call while working in another app. I'm using launcher pro with 5 screens and 6 widgits...maybe that might have something to do with it as well.

Well build 7 has some performance fixes, so if you get redraws while still on 7 I will add in compcache, just because whats been done in 7 should fix any redraws and memory problems.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Well build 7 has some performance fixes, so if you get redraws while still on 7 I will add in compcache, just because whats been done in 7 should fix any redraws and memory problems.

Even though I haven't had any redraw issues, this news excites me :)

underwaterjr

Reaction score
Well build 7 has some performance fixes, so if you get redraws while still on 7 I will add in compcache, just because whats been done in 7 should fix any redraws and memory problems.[/QUOTE]
Can't wait to give it a shot. Thanks again for your hard work.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
getting very close on the theme woody! Wanted to ask, if its not too much trouble, when you release builds could you inform me of any images, or anything else you add to or take away from the framework, that will be a big help if you dont mind

thanks woodyman!

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
getting very close on the theme woody! Wanted to ask, if its not too much trouble, when you release builds could you inform me of any images, or anything else you add to or take away from the framework, that will be a big help if you dont mind

thanks woodyman!

yes i can, you may want to do batter pngs for 10% increments, possibly 5% increiments, but at least 10%

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
already have them done :) i caught that piece of info a few posts back i think :) thanks!

kratos

Reaction score
Is anyone else having issues downloading MMS? I get notification that I have received an MMS message and when I open the thread, it says "downloading". However, my 3G icon doesn't show any connection or data transfer and the messages never download.

This has never happened on any other ROM with either the stock app or Handcent (my daily use app). Usually, the message downloads immediately.

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this?

Kratos

underwaterjr

Reaction score
I'm using handcent without any troubles. btw I have been using raid zero lv 250-1100 kernel without any troubles. Wifi and 3g work fine haven't tried bluetooth or tethering yet.

Edit: just tried bluetooth and it worked perfectly.

Last edited:
OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
Is anyone else having issues downloading MMS? I get notification that I have received an MMS message and when I open the thread, it says "downloading". However, my 3G icon doesn't show any connection or data transfer and the messages never download.

This has never happened on any other ROM with either the stock app or Handcent (my daily use app). Usually, the message downloads immediately.

Kratos

I just got about 5 mms messaging this morning, 3 pictures and 2 videos from my brother of my nephews, so It is working for me, and underwaterjr says his works as well....... try clearing your data in the messaging app and if that still wont work clear the data in all your messaging apps..

do this via:
settings>Applications>Manange Applications --- find stock messaging app and clear data

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
I'm using handcent without any troubles. btw I have been using raid zero lv 250-1100 kernel without any troubles. Wifi and 3g work fine haven't tried bluetooth or tethering yet.

Edit: just tried bluetooth and it worked perfectly.

glad to here it, can you provide a link to the kernels and i'll add them?

kratos

Reaction score

Kratos

I just got about 5 mms messaging this morning, 3 pictures and 2 videos from my brother of my nephews, so It is working for me, and underwaterjr says his works as well....... try clearing your data in the messaging app and if that still wont work clear the data in all your messaging apps..

do this via:
settings>Applications>Manange Applications --- find stock messaging app and clear data

K, I'll give that a try. I can't help but wonder if some of these problems might be appearing for me but not anyone else because of how many ROMs I've flashed in such a short period of time. I have flashed more than 100 ROM (some the same ROM, just flashed back and forth from other ROMs) since I rooted last fall.

Anyways, I'll give it a try and see what happens.

Kratos

kratos

Reaction score
Here is something weird. The wording for any notification on the pull down is green, except the Handcent notifications. I have looked through the Handcent settings and cannot find anything that would change the notification wording color. I have attached a screenshot for you to see what I am talking about. I blacked out the last name of the contact for her privacy, but left the first and middle names so you can see what I am talking about.

Edit: I just uploaded this screenshot to my dropbox account and the dropbox notification wording is also in black. I have not noticed this with any other notification.

notification_pull_down_dcv6.jpg

Kratos

Last edited:
OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
Its not just you, this is because some apps directly control their notification colors, like RomMananger, it uses it's own code rather than defaulting to the system default. So RomMananger is black as well, the only way to change it is to manually edit the app, but that's not easy, because the source for most apps isn't publicly available, so first you would have to find what file to edit and then the lines along with how to change it, so its often not even worth the time to try. What I would suggest is to email the developer of the app and ask him to either change to go with the system default color, or include options to pick your own notification color. I wish I could help, but this is out of my control, I have the same problem, but the only app I have like that is RomMananger, but I only use it to test with every new release. I will get a modified framework together for this problem, the text will still be black but it will be easier to read, so I'll get out for build 07. Also if you want, I prefer Go SMS Pro over handcent, just an idea if you want to check it out, its free as well, and has a lot of magnetizable features.

Here is something weird. The wording for any notification on the pull down is green, except the Handcent notifications. I have looked through the Handcent settings and cannot find anything that would change the notification wording color. I have attached a screenshot for you to see what I am talking about. I blacked out the last name of the contact for her privacy, but left the first and middle names so you can see what I am talking about.

Edit: I just uploaded this screenshot to my dropbox account and the dropbox notification wording is also in black. I have not noticed this with any other notification.

notification_pull_down_dcv6.jpg

Kratos