Razr to M?

RAZRmax

Reaction score
Anyone upgrade from the Razr to the M? Looks like a great phone. I love my Razr but if the price is right could be tempted.

Reaction score
The M is a low end RAZR the RAZR is better then the M.The M has some cool new features but you want high end stay with the og razr.

Last edited:

WestOkid

Reaction score
The M is a low end RAZR the RAZR is better then the M.The M has some cool new features but you want high end stay with the og razr.

I am sorry to say, but this comment is simply not true. The Razr (which I own) was a high end phone last year, it is not in the class of the RAZR M. The RAZR has a singular advantage; hdmi. The M has a superior screen, CPU, GPU, battery, form factor, NFC, un-blur update. The M is already testing out Jelly Bean, The RAZR? Who knows if we will see JB. The bottom line is the M is the best Android phone available for those that want today's tech in a small form factor.
but don't take my word, look at the M's benchmark numbers from this Verge review: Motorola Droid RAZR M review | The Verge

Last edited:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I second westOkid! I have both the Razr Maxx and the Razr M. Never thought I'd stick with the M but it lacks absolutely nothing compared to the Razr Maxx. Even the battery life on my M is just as good as it was on the Maxx. The only thing missing is hdmi but I never use that so no loss for me.

xtor

Reaction score
Wait for the razr hd, if you want the high end phone like og razr.

point of origin

dzuchowski

Reaction score
Hd dude or people will make fun of you, your wife will divorce you, and you will get laid off if you get the offer RAZR or the RAZR m. It's cruel and only the latest flagship phone owners can walk proud.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

djspy

Reaction score
Hd dude or people will make fun of you, your wife will divorce you, and you will get laid off if you get the offer RAZR or the RAZR m. It's cruel and only the latest flagship phone owners can walk proud.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

What?

Redsnk95

Reaction score
I am sorry to say, but this comment is simply not true. The Razr (which I own) was a high end phone last year, it is not in the class of the RAZR M. The RAZR has a singular advantage; hdmi. The M has a superior screen, CPU, GPU, battery, form factor, NFC, un-blur update. The M is already testing out Jelly Bean, The RAZR? Who knows if we will see JB. The bottom line is the M is the best Android phone available for those that want today's tech in a small form factor.
but don't take my word, look at the M's benchmark numbers from this Verge review: Motorola Droid RAZR M review | The Verge

It's not if but when on the Razr getting JB.

Reaction score
Ok . Then lets ask why the hell was the RAZR 299.99 and them only 99.99 hmmm i think the better one would be more expensive. Plus yes we will see jelly bean. Moto launched a road map of which phones will get jelly bean. They are not sure about key lime pie

Last edited:

IanG

Reaction score
Ok . Then lets ask why the hell was the RAZR 299.99 and them only 99.99 hmmm i think the better one would be more expensive. Plus yes we will see jelly bean. Moto launched a road map of which phones will get jelly bean. They are not sure about key lime pie
You have no idea what you're talking about, do you?

The price of a phone has NOTHING to do with the quality of a phone. The Droid RAZR M is a better phone than the original Droid RAZR for a multitude of reasons. It has a faster processor (1.5GHz Dual Core vs original RAZR's 1.2GHz Dual Core), will be getting Jelly Bean by years end whereas the original RAZR will be in 2013. The RAZR M is smaller and lighter while maintaining the same screen resolution, size, and pixels per inch. Lastly, the RAZR M has a better battery than the original RAZR.

Please don't misinform others unless you know what you're actually saying.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Basically they cut the price on the M by having less internal storage and no hdmi. I think it also has a lower mp front facing camera than the Razr. In all other respects the M is lots better than the Razr... nicer display, better battery life, better UI, better processor, and very smooth.

Reaction score
IanG said:
You have no idea what you're talking about, do you?

The price of a phone has NOTHING to do with the quality of a phone. The Droid RAZR M is a better phone than the original Droid RAZR for a multitude of reasons. It has a faster processor (1.5GHz Dual Core vs original RAZR's 1.2GHz Dual Core), will be getting Jelly Bean by years end whereas the original RAZR will be in 2013. The RAZR M is smaller and lighter while maintaining the same screen resolution, size, and pixels per inch. Lastly, the RAZR M has a better battery than the original RAZR.

Please don't misinform others unless you know what you're actually saying.

I think also it's also preference. We are in titled to an opinion. I'm not trying to start a fight. Plus I do know what I am actually saying. Iv been an Android user for many years since the G1. I have not looked into the M much but i do know my stuff. This is place for people to be open and to talk. Not to bash on others. So lets drop it and move on.

Last edited:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
You are so right...preference has tons to do with it. After I got the M, I really thought it was going to be in short time before I would be returning back to my Razr Maxx but there is just so much more I like about the M than the Maxx. One is the true ICS with the three on screen buttons which is just so much more efficient to use than the Maxx's four home buttons. But the thing I love the most about the M is the smaller size. Because the size of this phone works so much better for me, even if someone were to give me the HD or HD Maxx, I would still stick with my M. Personal preference is what I love about Android...there is something for everyone.