Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here are the model numbers:

VERIZON CDMA VERSIONS:

DROID RAZR/RAZR MAXX: XT912
DROID RAZR M: XT907
DROID RAZR HD/MAXX HD: XT926

If the back of your phone says XT912, you have an Original DROID RAZR/MAXX RAZR.

To tell if you have the MAXX or not, compare the visual profile of your device to the RAZR MAXX profile in these pictures here: Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX pictures, official photos

Krenzy

Reaction score
Settings>About Phone>Model Number will tell you if it is DROID RAZR or DROID RAZR MAXX. Can you tell us why you are unsure? Did you buy it from a private party and are suspecting you didn't get what was advertised?

joshxdroid

Reaction score
I hope you didn't get hosed. Here's what they are going for on eBay used depending on condition

Razr $200 - $250
Razr maxx $275 - $325
Razr M $300 - $400
Razr hd/hdmaxx $500 +

Sent from my XT912 running KOA resurrection CM10 jelly bean

OP
P

potamus

Reaction score
I was told it was a RAZR Max but right from rip I didn't think it was its just a regular RAZR...but still think I got a sweet ass deal only paid 170 for it...

StephenC

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X (2nd Gen)
Also, the MAXX has a black Motorola logo at the top of the screen with silver lettering, where as the normal RAZR has a silver logo with black lettering. My dad's MAXX has a silver/black lettering logo, but that's because I did the MAXX conversion on a regular RAZR.

1coopgt

Reaction score
On the back of the phone, if you see indeed see XT 912 you have an original DROID RAZR. Not MAXX, not M, and not HD either. If it was advertised as the M, you did not get an M.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Sorry your wrong on that one about XT912 being on the back. My Maxx says Model XT912 on the back . I bought my Maxx from Verizon .

Last edited:

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry your wrong on that one about XT912 being on the back. My Maxx says Model XT912 on the back . I bought my Maxx from Verizon .

Macpro88 was already corrected on the ensuing post and recanted his post.

shaun32nc

Reaction score
my droid razr xt912 says its htc vision

Under the model number my DROID RAZR says HTC vision..is it because I'm rooted..I can't download motoizer.its says my device is not a Motorola..any suggestions?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Under the model number my DROID RAZR says HTC vision..is it because I'm rooted..I can't download motoizer.its says my device is not a Motorola..any suggestions?

Huh? HTC and MOTOROLA are two COMPETING and DIFFERENT manufacturers. I am not aware of ANY collaboration between the two and there should be NO example of one manufacturer's phone displaying the others' logo or name anywhere.

Can you send pics?

Sent from my A210 using Tapatalk HD

shaun32nc

Reaction score
Well it used to say DROID RAZR when I bought the phone..but after rooting it and playing wit diff launchers and stuff I notice that is say HTC vision..but it still say xt912 too..how do I put up a screen shot on thread

shaun32nc

Reaction score
View attachment 59938Well it used to say DROID RAZR when I bought the phone..but after rooting it and playing wit diff launchers and stuff I notice that is say HTC vision..but it still say xt912 too..how do I put up a screen shot on thread

Nicktyelor

Reaction score
Also, the MAXX has a black Motorola logo at the top of the screen with silver lettering, where as the normal RAZR has a silver logo with black lettering. My dad's MAXX has a silver/black lettering logo, but that's because I did the MAXX conversion on a regular RAZR.

Did he just replace the battery of the regular Razr with a battery from a Maxx?

Also, if OP would have simply taken a single photo of the front of this 'unkown' phone, it could have been identified in under a minute. Or just google image search what a regular Razr, Razr Maxx, and a Razr M look like. And then look at what phone you have to compare. Simple. Come on people...