identifying my Razr...

potamus

Reaction score
Qwik ques for n e one out there that can help...just got what I was told was a RAZR m but just wanna make sure I have the model nmbr which is XT912...but do I need more or will there be markings on the back of phone somewhere? Also what is the diff between RAZR...RAZR M...and RAZR Max?? Thank you for any help I m running android 4.0 if that makes a diff in id'ing...or maybe some numbers under settings then about phone can help...thanks

OP
P

potamus

Reaction score
Also how do I know if I m running ics or gingerbread or which one I m running?? Thanks...

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Potamas, go to your settings and then about phone all the way at the bottom. It will give you all that information. Screen looks something like this.

View attachment 58790

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
If you look at android version, you'll notice that screen shot is 4.0.4... that is ICS (ice cream sandwich). This screen shot the Android Version is 4.1.1 which is JB (jelly bean).

View attachment 58791

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
And it appears you have the original Razr if the model # is xt912. The only difference between the Razr and the Razr Maxx is the size of the battery, with the Maxx having twice the size and lasts probably twice as long.

The Razr M is a newer, smaller size, budget model Razr... very similar but not. It has less internal storage than the original Razr's, no hdmi slot like the original and the front facing camera is not as good. Display size is the same and I think it is better, crisper, clearer than the original. The Razr M has a slightly better processor and slightly bigger battery.

Between the two, the resale value on the original Razr will probably be much better than the Razr M, imo.

OP
P

potamus

Reaction score
Yeah I have 16 gb internal so I now know that I don't have the M...how do I tell bout the battery to determine if it is a maxx or not? And could mine be a HD model? I know the camera is but what bout my display? And yes I have ics so thank u for that info...

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
On the back of the phone, if you see indeed see XT 912 you have an original DROID RAZR. Not MAXX, not M, and not HD either. If it was advertised as the M, you did not get an M.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

usmc111111

Reaction score
macpro88 said:
On the back of the phone, if you see indeed see XT 912 you have an original DROID RAZR. Not MAXX, not M, and not HD either. If it was advertised as the M, you did not get an M.

I have a Maxx and it says xt912, so much for that theory

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a Maxx and it says xt912, so much for that theory

Scratch that. The MAXX versions have the same model number. Its the GSM versions of the same phone that's different. But they do have different numbers.

OP
P

potamus

Reaction score
So I still could have a maxx then right? How do I tell?? And what bout the HD is that out if my model nmbr is XT912 or could it still be an HD and how do I figure these 2 things out?

xtor

Reaction score
potamus said:
So I still could have a maxx then right? How do I tell?? And what bout the HD is that out if my model nmbr is XT912 or could it still be an HD and how do I figure these 2 things out?

Xt926m is the model # for the razr maxx hd

reach out and touch someone, 1000meter club

xtor

Reaction score
potamus said:

If the back of phone is wider by the camera its a razr, if the back is almost flat it's a maxx, the reason is, the maxx has a thicker battery so the back is flat, the razr back has a noticeable hump by the camera

reach out and touch someone, 1000meter club

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
It's definitely not an HD. To know whether it's a Razr or a Maxx, you will need to look at the “About Phone" info again and look at the system version. The three numbers after the xt will identify whether it's a Razr or a Maxx.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
All HD series have kevlar 100% on the back and the camera port is in the middle of the phone. OG razr's the kevlar covers 85% of the back. OG razr's have a bright motorola logo with black lettering, OG razr maxx's have a black motorola with bright lettering on the front above the speaker.

Redsnk95

Reaction score

Go to System Settings. Scroll to the bottom click About Phone. Look at Model Number. Should say which phone you have.