razr m vs s3

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
jntdroid said:
Is the Maxx considered a budget phone? Because the ONLY thing about this phone that makes it "budget" is the screen, which is identical to the Max, though tweaked to be a bit brighter/warmer.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

The M is considered budget because of its initial price point and less than best hardware.

And in response to the post about comparing a budget phone to a high end one. You can very well compare the two when the specs and performances are so similar.

The Nexus 7 is compared to the iPad quite frequently. And the Nexus 7 is definitely toward the budget price point. But they made it so well it can be compared to higher end devices.

OP
D

dscott7

Reaction score
Okay, so I've never had a smartphone before. Am I going to notice a huge difference between the two? The size of the s3 is the main thing scaring me away from it. Fears over battery life are concerning me with the razr m, and also that motorola may just ignore the phone if it doesn't sell well.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
So far, for being a budget phone, the only thing that seems budget about it is the price. Comparing it to my Maxx, it performs as well and in most cases better than my Maxx...still have great reception/signal, battery life is great, display is so much nicer to look at, the UI is smooth & so much more convenient. I never thought I was going to forfeit my Maxx because it has worked flawlessly for me, but this M might do it.

Like I said in a previous post, Motorola cut corners on this phone by eliminating the hdmi and only including a substandard front facing camera. I have never used either of those things on my Maxx so no loss here but for someone who does, they would not want to get the M.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
dscott7 said:
Okay, so I've never had a smartphone before. Am I going to notice a huge difference between the two? The size of the s3 is the main thing scaring me away from it. Fears over battery life are concerning me with the razr m, and also that motorola may just ignore the phone if it doesn't sell well.

Battery life on the Razr M has been excellent. Some people have reported 30 hours. I have gotten over 13 hours with constant use and 24 hours the first cycle (I've only had it for 2 days, so can't provide any thing more from my own experience).

The size of the display/screen on the M is close to the same size as the Maxx and SG3... they just stretched the screen to the very edge of the phone on the M (edge to edge) so they could make the phone smaller.

Reception on my M has been excellent... so far as good as my Maxx.

I don't think the M is going to be ignored. I think because of its price and the phone is amazing, they will sell tons so they will stay on top of it...imho!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Battery life on the Razr M has been excellent. Some people have reported 30 hours. I have gotten over 13 hours with constant use and 24 hours the first cycle (I've only had it for 2 days, so can't provide any thing more from my own experience).

The size of the display/screen on the M is close to the same size as the Maxx and SG3... they just stretched the screen to the very edge of the phone on the M (edge to edge) so they could make the phone smaller.

Reception on my M has been excellent... so far as good as my Maxx.

I don't think the M is going to be ignored. I think because of its price and the phone is amazing, they will sell tons so they will stay on top of it...imho!

Well at least you finally got it. :) :thumbup:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yeah, finally got it. Called again this week to get status and they sent it out. I'm loving it. And they sent me the black one, woohoo (I so did not want the white one...but can't look a gift horse in the mouth so that would've been fine too)!

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
The M is considered budget because...and less than best hardware.

I'm not sure I get that. It feels more sturdy and solid than the Maxx. No plastic, just aluminum, kevlar, and gorilla glass.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
getting a M is like getting the Eris when the droid1 came out

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
getting a M is like getting the Eris when the droid1 came out

Ah, the Eris... great little device! I'd agree with you accept the M has Droid 1-like build quality. ;)

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ah, the Eris... great little device! I'd agree with you accept the M has Droid 1-like build quality. ;)

yea it was OK until the updates stopped lol

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would get the razr m. Im just a Motorola fan.

people have to start coming to terms with that lol.... my last three phones have been Motorola (d1,dx,DB) but if the s2 came to Verizon when the DB came out.. I wouldve got that.. its a better phone.. I'm more for getting the best phone than going for a brand that I like