razr m vs s3

dscott7

Reaction score
Why did you choose the M over the s3? The main advantage I see is size but besides that, I don't see many advantages. The price on an s3 is now $150 at best buy and it's tempting, but I've also been looking heavily at the razr m.

josh.lop6

Reaction score
The s3 is a decent phone. But the RAZR m will give you a better battery life, more speed, and i think it has a better look, feel, and overall smooth ness to it. I used the s3 for a week setting it up for a family member. She liked my phone better. But everyone is different. If your looking for a phone you can root, go with the s3. This phone will be a while before someone gets it. But happy shopping bud!

dan.dar

Reaction score
A bunch of reasons.

1) S3 ICS looks very much like gingerbread.
2) The icons are iphone ripoff.
3) Hardware button is an iphone ripoff and the other two buttons are Android 2.x legacy that should've stayed there.
4) The battery life sucks compared to the M or upcoming razr hd.
5) It's $100 more than razr M which is $50 on Amazon.

The only thing on S3 that I wish was on the M is the screen. That's why I was first holding out for Razr HD. I'm getting my M today so I'll play with it for two weeks and make my decision whether to keep it or return it and wait for HD.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why even compare? The S3 is a high end phone and the M is a mid range phone.

I don't even understand why they would release it other than a lower cost new model.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
The RAZR M is a good release because it pushes the quality of budget phones. I hope it does well that it presses other carriers to release high quality budget phones and higher still premium phones.

huskur

Reaction score
The s3 is a decent phone. But the RAZR m will give you a better battery life, more speed, and i think it has a better look, feel, and overall smooth ness to it. I used the s3 for a week setting it up for a family member. She liked my phone better. But everyone is different. If your looking for a phone you can root, go with the s3. This phone will be a while before someone gets it. But happy shopping bud!

Far from the truth. The S3 will give you all day battery life. Razr M more speed? No way. In a benchmark test the S3 would beat the Razr M in all categories.

dan.dar

Reaction score
Far from the truth. The S3 will give you all day battery life. Razr M more speed? No way. In a benchmark test the S3 would beat the Razr M in all categories.

The S3 uses more power because of its screen. In similar usage the M will last longer. The S3 has a stronger graphics component because it needs to push almost 2 times as many pixels, the US S3 and the M have the same exact processor and the same exact clock rate. In anandtech performance preview, the M beat the S3 in Vellamo and on-screen GL benchmark. Tied with it off screen and was slower in browsermark and sunspider which could be due to the fact that it's running chrome and not the ICS browser.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

I had them both for a time and found battery life very similar in both.

As for that last statement, that's not altogether true. Most benchmarks they come out pretty even (unless I'm remembering wrong).

Found this before I hit "post" :) : AnandTech - Motorola Droid RAZR M Performance Preview

Edit: dan ninja'd me! ;)

huskur

Reaction score
The S3 uses more power because of its screen. In similar usage the M will last longer. The S3 has a stronger graphics component because it needs to push almost 2 times as many pixels, the US S3 and the M have the same exact processor and the same exact clock rate. In anandtech performance preview, the M beat the S3 in Vellamo and on-screen GL benchmark. Tied with it off screen and was slower in browsermark and sunspider which could be due to the fact that it's running chrome and not the ICS browser.

The anandtech performance review is flawed. There is no S3 tested against it.

AnandTech - Motorola Droid RAZR M Performance Preview

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
The RAZR M is a good release because it pushes the quality of budget phones. I hope it does well that it presses other carriers to release high quality budget phones and higher still premium phones.

You just proved my point and called it a budget phone. Why would you even compare a budget phone to a high end phone? All I see this doing is pushing up the price of higher end phones.

Unless you have midget hands, why would you not pick the phone with the bigger screen and better, with double the ram and more innovation for about the same price?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is the Maxx considered a budget phone? Because the ONLY thing about this phone that makes it "budget" is the screen, which is identical to the Max, though tweaked to be a bit brighter/warmer.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2