Razr to M?

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am sorry to say, but this comment is simply not true. The Razr (which I own) was a high end phone last year, it is not in the class of the RAZR M. The RAZR has a singular advantage; hdmi. The M has a superior screen, CPU, GPU, battery, form factor, NFC, un-blur update. The M is already testing out Jelly Bean, The RAZR? Who knows if we will see JB. The bottom line is the M is the best Android phone available for those that want today's tech in a small form factor.
but don't take my word, look at the M's benchmark numbers from this Verge review: Motorola Droid RAZR M review | The Verge

The M does not have a superiors screen.
Both use a super AMOLED Advanced display witha resolution of 540x960.
if anything the Razr is berrter than the M because you don't steal the limited screen by putting buttons on it.
The M is superior if small form factor is a requirement.
It's does have a larger battery than the Razr but not the Maxx.

Now the processor is faster.
1.5GHz S4 for the M vs a 1.2GHz OMAP for the Razr.
I don't know. I still prefer a Razr Maxx over a RazrM.
Actually, I went and looked at the Razr Maxx HD and if I was looking for a new phone, would buy it.
I definitely am not feeling any envy and am not thinking of dumping my Maxx for a Maxx HD.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
tech_head said:
The M does not have a superiors screen.
Both use a super AMOLED Advanced display witha resolution of 540x960.
if anything the Razr is berrter than the M because you don't steal the limited screen by putting buttons on it.
The M is superior if small form factor is a requirement.
It's does have a larger battery than the Razr but not the Maxx.

Now the processor is faster.
1.5GHz S4 for the M vs a 1.2GHz OMAP for the Razr.
I don't know. I still prefer a Razr Maxx over a RazrM.
Actually, I went and looked at the Razr Maxx HD and if I was looking for a new phone, would buy it.
I definitely am not feeling any envy and am not thinking of dumping my Maxx for a Maxx HD.

The M does not have a superior screen but it has a much crisper, sharper, clearer display. The same exact pic, webpage, home screen, etc on my M looks so much nicer than it does on my Razr Maxx.

The battery on the M is only 2000 mAh compared to 3300 for the Maxx... but how the M manages it's resources, battery is so much more efficient in the M. I consistently got 30 hours use with my Maxx. With the same apps, more screen time on my M, I consistently get 30 hours on my battery.

I would definitely have the same exact arguments if I never got the M and had serious doubts before I received it but the M has proven as worthy as my Maxx.