[TOOLS] R3L3AS3DRoot and 43V3R root for the BIONIC v2.1

keepthechange

Reaction score
I've never updated. I used RSD Lite to go back to .886 Stock (1 click wouldn't work for that), then rooted using Pete's, then forever rooted using 1 Click. How do I download the update for .893 now? I installed cheesecake apk from 1 click but when I can connect to one of the servers (maybe once out of every 20 tries) it just says Up to Date. Help! the lack of data and dropping when it does exist is KILLING me.

Thraxis

Reaction score
I have used R3L3AS3DRoot and 43V3R root for the BIONIC v2.1 and it restores my phone fine.. no issues, but when it comes time to root it fails to, won't install su, and busy box. Superuser installs but it is useless.. without root obviously. The first error I get is
[-] cannot copy boomsh.: Permission denied "wait 30 sec.. bla bla bla" remount failed: operation not permitted etc...
any advice? I have been rooting and flashing since the orignal droid.. I am sure I am missing something simple.

Thraxis

Reaction score
I was up to 5.7.893 then restored back to my backup but I wasn't able to use cheesecake anymore and it wouldn't do a basic search for and update from the settings menu.. and I wanted to get the update Over the air when it was released.

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
so Ill ask again, do you have to be in AP Fastboot from the stock recovery menu for this to work?

Amshere

Reaction score
Thank you, thank you thank you..

I was really sweating it sitting here with my bionic in a boot loop from hell..I was trying to apply new icons from a mod and stupid me..trying to install not knowing what I was doing...never again...thank you so much for all the research and help you offer..I can't work without my phone...btw I was at 10%battery....really sweating it.....Thank you!
Angela

OP
dhacker29

dhacker29

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
th3oryrom.com
I was really sweating it sitting here with my bionic in a boot loop from hell..I was trying to apply new icons from a mod and stupid me..trying to install not knowing what I was doing...never again...thank you so much for all the research and help you offer..I can't work without my phone...btw I was at 10%battery....really sweating it.....Thank you!
Angela

I'm glad it all worked out :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Presi

Reaction score
Does anyone know If I can just run this without reverting back to stock? I have Theory 1.7 right now.

dmacarth

Reaction score
So I have an uprooted stock phone and attempted root. After selecting #2 and putting phone in charge only, I get nothing. The program says hit any key which I do but then it just sits there. I have debugging on.

I'd appreciate any ideas.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
So I have an uprooted stock phone and attempted root. After selecting #2 and putting phone in charge only, I get nothing. The program says hit any key which I do but then it just sits there. I have debugging on.

I'd appreciate any ideas.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

The same thing was happening to me. I had to redownload the drivers. Did you try that?

konellaz

Reaction score
Just tried it, no luck. I also tried running as an administrator. This is getting pretty frustrating.

I had the same problem thus is what I did..
1. Reinstalled pre-release moto drivers with bionic unplugged..
2. Plugged bionic in usb, clicked PC mode.
3. Let the drivers settle
4. Select mass storage mode
5. Let divers settle
6. Click charge only
7.check USB debugging and screen on while charging.
8. Let drivers settle
9. Rebooted PC
10. Run forever root program with out phone plugged in until it says press any key..

Had this problem with two replacement bionics.. Don't know which step actually works, but once I do this..works every time. Infact Friday was when I got another replacement and did these steps.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk