[TOOLS] R3L3AS3DRoot and 43V3R root for the BIONIC v2.1

Reaction score
Awesome, and thanks for your hard work dhacker.

One more thing, I should install cheesecake after root has been accomplished, and that will let me receive ICS or what ever OTA rolls out next?
Or is cheesecake not needed?

OP
dhacker29

dhacker29

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
th3oryrom.com
Awesome, and thanks for your hard work dhacker.

One more thing, I should install cheesecake after root has been accomplished, and that will let me receive ICS or what ever OTA rolls out next?
Or is cheesecake not needed?

If you want to search fur new ota's you can install cheesecake or you can get the latest TH3ORYROM tomorrow night

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Right on, thanks again.

Just downloaded and will root and forever root tonight. Now all I've got to do is find the post that talked about enabling wireless hotspot, so then I can do homework in the car tomorrow while driving for 4 hours, haha.

Thanks again.

ripper2860

Reaction score
Let me know if u can get the root n forever root to work I can't get it to root following this tutorial

Got it all squared away. Flashed to STOCK, Rooted and Forever Root. No issues.

*** If all you want to do is ROOT and FOREVER ROOT, make sure your phone is powered on regularly and USB DEBUGGING is set to ON. Do not set your phone to AP FASTBOOT mode. AP FAstboot is used for FLASHING back to stock, not for ROOTING, etc.

Last edited:

Abadus

Reaction score
I have to say this program has saved my life :D I have soft bricked my phone countless times but I don't have to worry :D Just wish it was more like my droid where I could go straight back to recovery without having to re-flash my phone every time :p Dang locked bootloaders.

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
How do I get the OTA now that I am rooted and forever rooted. Someone mentioned the cheesecake doesn't work.

rasaun87

Reaction score
so.... used the flash to restore thingy, and restored, did the forever root, got the update to 5.5.893, then rooted back to the theoryrom... then i found out about the 5.7.894 update so i tried to use ur thingy to get to stock again and it keeps saying flash failure.. i dont know if this has already been reposted but this too damn big a thread and i didnt see it wen i skimmed thru.. any help? im not bricked or nuthin, just everytime i try to reboot into recovery the flash boot failure thing comes back up...

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
Someone help me out cause Im a day late and a few dollars short:

My first bionic was rooted. While installing a rom it got hosed so I had to get a replacement. That replacement was rooted but running stock rom. While I was traveling I was having trouble getting data connection so the wonderful VZW tech support had me do a complete wipe/restore of the phone which seemed to removed my root (I say that cause superuser was no longer there). Hadnt really messed with it since then as I really only had it rooted for future hacks I might want.

So today I installed this moto update http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...-update-file-str8-moto-no-root-necessary.html because Ive been having terrible connectivity issues, 3/4g dropping out and not coming back. Now I wanted to root my phone again using this method R3L3AS3DRoot and 43V3R root for the BIONIC v2.1 - xda-developers (same as original post here) but getting nowhere. Ive tried option 2 and get:

[-] Bad luck, our rush did not succeed :(
Waiting for Bionic to enter correct USB state
You can enter Ctrl-C at anytime to exit this program and start over
*** ERROR - Phone may not have been rooted ***
Try rebooting your phone and running this again to root it.

Ive tried option 1:

Restore, Root and Forever Root a Bionic
-restores /system, wipes data
-roots it and installs the Forever Root hack
This works with all Bionics (886 and 893 rev).

But it just says "connecting to device" and nothing happens.

edit: on a Mac

edit 2: wait, do you have to be in the recovery menu to this this? I found this while searching around "Hold the volume down key and hit the power button to enter the AP Fastboot screen on your BIONIC." Then it says connect cable and run motorooter. When I rooted before I just ran from the terminal without being in the ap fastboot mode.

Last edited:

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
I can't get it to work on my phone :(

I'm not, and have never been, rooted. I downloaded the 5.5.895 OTA a couple days ago and it worked wonderfully, but I ended up softbricking my phone when I tried to roll back to the original .886. I eventually was able to get my phone back to working on .886 using Droid Bionic » -Unbrick Bionic with OneClick Restore “R3l3As3Droot and 43V3R Root” 10/28/11. After reading up on rooting and forever rooting, I decided to try my hand at that and followed the methods in this thread, but I'm not able to obtain root. When I plug my phone in and run the programs, they recognize my phone and tell me to hit any key to continue, but when I do, nothing happens. Nothing at all. I've tried several times and with a couple different methods, but nothing happens. Any advice?

jickracer007

Reaction score
MUCH RESPECT!!!!!!
Thanks I thought I was bricked but the 1 step recovery worked thank you again!!!

GohanBurner

Reaction score
I feel ridiculously stupid for not downloading this sooner. Now here I am, 1:45AM sitting outside my mother's house with my laptop so I can download this to fix my Bionic so work isn't completely horrible tomorrow. :)

kyle4269

Reaction score
Before I installed forever root, I was using the CBS Sports App from the market. After installing forever root I can't find the app in the market, so I went to the online market and its now telling me the app isn't compatible with my phone. Is anyone else having this problem? Thanks!

GoBears

Reaction score
I was curious, so I just used this tool to root my freshly sbf'd DX heh. Seems to work just fine. Now I'm seeing if the forever survives the ota to .605.

EDIT: Yup, it rooted and forever rooted my trusty old DX and survived the OTA from .602 to .605. What an awesome tool!

EDIT: In case anyone was curious, I sbf'd to .602 then ran the root and forever root option. I then installed the .605 update and root survived. I forgot how nice of a phone the old X was.

Last edited: