893 Update, lost root, typical fixes aren't working-HELP!!!

rfwright16

Reaction score
Folks...need help here. have a bionic that was rooted, and i attempted the forever root a few months ago. Finally got it to work after i made the 'adb wait for device" changes to the r3 script. Make sense?
Then I went back to stock to get the OTA update, as none of the leaked versions would load on my phone-either through stock recovery wuith the leaked blur file, or whatever.

Now i have lost root again. I have tried the 1 click exploit method (the path won't run), the revised r3 method with the adb wait-for-device edit(the script just runs and says you're rooted, which i am not) and also the motorooter method on my mac. That one says waiting to communicate with your phone via USB, and it doesn't communiciate. I am in charge mode only, also tried pc mode, and usb debugging is checked.

I am lost. I am back to .886 and looking for answers, Can you help? PLEASE!! Thanks to anyone who can help. I've spent i don't know how many hours researching this to no end.

Macdaddydc

Reaction score
Mac's need some love on this issue, too please ....

I'm in nearly the same boat: got the update pushed through, tried forever root (did NOT go back to 886) and now have a partially rooted phone.

Maybe one of the Mods here can either point me to reading I can do to use titanium backup pro (currently installed and seemingly still working) so I can do the factory reset (last resort, please) and reroot with the current update.

Please speak slowly and in plain english ...
A: I'm pretty new to this,
B: I'm using a Mac (no winbloze allowed)
and
C: I'm appealing to your benevolence and thank you for the use of your over-developed brain(s) and your ability to explain some of this to mere mortals like myself.

Thanks again for any light you can shed on this. I'll be sitting here beneath the star on the lookout for the three (or more) wise men with the partially rooted Bionic in swaddling clothing. I'll be the one with the perplexed look on my face ....