Any .893 Update Links?

jjbinks82

Reaction score
So, I've finally submit after losing my 4g for almost the whole day!

I've reverted back to stock, bloatware included, and have forever rooted. Funny tho because now no matter where I look I cant find any links for cheesecake or the .893 update!

I hear there are multiple updates coming out soon. Is this why I can't find the update??? I've also been reading reports the forever root method has been fixed by Moto with thier latest update. Should I just wait to update when the dust settles from all of these unlreleased updates????

Sent from my ROOTED G Tab 10.1 using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
jjbinks82

jjbinks82

Reaction score
Ok, downloaded and tried, but results are consistent failures.

So, first off, my recoveries (both CWM and Stock) won't recognize my internal sdcard. When I boot into recovery (either one) it only recognizes/displays my external sdcard. I tried relocating the zip file to the external sdcard (because that's the only one visible) but when it loaded it failed. I've been at this for nearly two hours now. Is there a reason the internal sdcard, or root, is not in recovery? Am I doing something wrong here???

Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance!

Sent from OLD SCHOOLD KEYBOARD and MOUSE via DroidForums on the internet!

reminon

Reaction score
You have to use stock recovery, and the update has to be on your sd-ext
If you have never updated and are complete stock, here's the first update "5.5.893" http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZD485X3E make sure u are 4ev3r rooted though. And from there you can go to the 5.9.901 update. They have to be flashed in order, as each will have the file name of the version you are updating from. Hope this helps, and merry Christmas!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
jjbinks82

jjbinks82

Reaction score
Well, I've tried and have achieved the same result: FAILURE!!

I am on stock, bloatware and everything. I've used the stock recovery, but every time I try this it starts to work, but then stops and gives me a really long failure message that ends with "Installation aborted." Is my phone busted??? Thanks again for your help man and Merry Christmas back at cha!

reminon

Reaction score
Well, I've tried and have achieved the same result: FAILURE!!

I am on stock, bloatware and everything. I've used the stock recovery, but every time I try this it starts to work, but then stops and gives me a really long failure message that ends with "Installation aborted." Is my phone busted??? Thanks again for your help man and Merry Christmas back at cha!

Have you used the webtop hack before?

OP
jjbinks82

jjbinks82

Reaction score
Webtop hack? What's that? Heard of that hack, but never done it.

Last edited:

reminon

Reaction score
Just trying to make sure u are completely stock

Mikeymaxima14

Reaction score
I do think if you did some research and reading on why the failed you will get this to work....it has worked across the board. Let me see if I can help. Have you ever used the released dhackers method? What else does the stock recovery error message say?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
jjbinks82

jjbinks82

Reaction score
First off, thanks everyone for your help. I, of all people, have tried to find the answer because I'm the first to ***** about lazy noobs who lazily post trying to find a quick answer.

But, I've researched and have applied all I've read about (forever root, revert to stock, etc) but my efforts have yielded the same results: NO RESULTS.

If I'vE messed something up I accept that. But, I've followed everything step by step on, listed on the forums and net. Still, same result.

Anyways, in time, I'll find an answer!!! Thanks all!!!!

Thanks again and merry Christmas!!!

Sent from my ROOTED DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Reaction score
My guess is you applied one of the leaks and that is why the official updates will not work but they are supposed to. Flash to stock again and forever root, try the official 893 update, if it fails try the 901 update and if that fails flash to stock no root and call Verizon for a new phone. You may have fried something. If the internal sd card works in stock, root or no root then the update, 901, should work.

"But WHY THE RUM?!!"

wilboy

Reaction score
First off, thanks everyone for your help. I, of all people, have tried to find the answer because I'm the first to ***** about lazy noobs who lazily post trying to find a quick answer.

But, I've researched and have applied all I've read about (forever root, revert to stock, etc) but my efforts have yielded the same results: NO RESULTS.

If I'vE messed something up I accept that. But, I've followed everything step by step on, listed on the forums and net. Still, same result.

Anyways, in time, I'll find an answer!!! Thanks all!!!!

Thanks again and merry Christmas!!!

Sent from my ROOTED DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
This method will bring you there,all you need is here to download and follow the instructions carefully.. Get to 5.5.893 OTA from ANY LEAK - RootzWiki HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

EDIT:There is one more 1 click method(thanks to SAMURAHL for giving me this INFO.-from P3Droid).... Bionic Path Saver 1-Click Method

Last edited: