Question about keyboard

kauthor47

Reaction score
This is a question for those of you who have had a D2 for an extended period and use the physical keyboard a lot. (I know it's still relatively new, so this is mostly directed to the people that use the use the keyboard full-time)

With the original Droid, after awhile it was a common problem that the letters on the keyboard would start to become raised up and eventually the whole keyboard raises up and becomes difficult to type on. Mine is getting this way and it's almost to the point where I can't type on it because the keys are losing responsiveness. I'm wondering if the D2's redesigned keyboard has the same issue after awhile. This is pretty much the main issue that I'm wondering about and it's the deciding factor if I want a D2 or a DX. I like having a real keyboard better but if it's going to **** out after awhile then I'll just live without it.

Thanks.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have had my d2 since launch week and almost exclusively and I haven't noticed anything.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Reaction score
ive held and typed on an original droid but i've never had used one for more than a few minutes in any one instance. So im not really able to compare between the two.

I've had my droid 2 since september 3rd, a little over two months now. I've noticed nothing wrong with the keyboard, i really like it. The issue that you described with the original droid, has not happened to my keyboard on the D2

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Never had any problems with my original Droid and I have had since Nov. 7 2009. I almost always use the keyboard. I just upgraded to the X three days ago and I like the virtual keyboard as well. The space bar could be smaller though.

DrFeelgood

Reaction score
I've had my Droid 2 since August 19th, and the only thing I don't like is you can get dust stuck between the keys and the border around the keyboard and it's nearly impossible to get out. But I haven't noticed any problems with how responsive the keyboard is whatsoever.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App