Hardware Keyboard Issues

xzillerationer

Reaction score
Hi, my DROID 2 has a keyboard issue, it seems that whenever I type, it'll randomly type the same letter multiple times. Thinking it was a Liberty GB issue, I used it as an excuse to jump ship to CM7. I'm running CM7, it's amazing. But, I still have the multiple entry problem. It's really bugging me, as my DROID 2 has never been better, and I don't think I can send it in for a warranty replacement due to it's cracked LCD, and I don't want to switch to my Xperia Play for messaging, because it doesn't have a hardware keyboard. I looked around, and it seems that it's a gingerbread problem, not specifically my phone, although I've not noticed the problem when using the soft keyboard, only the hard one, and only since I've started using Liberty and CM7. I was running an old version of Zombiestomped before, and I did not have that problem.

Thisguy89

Reaction score
I've heard of a lot of other people having that issue. I can't say I've ever noticed that happening.
Perhaps I'm just lucky?

Sent from my Liquid Droid 2

OP
X

xzillerationer

Reaction score
I've heard of a lot of other people having that issue. I can't say I've ever noticed that happening.
Perhaps I'm just lucky?

It's been going on for a while, and I just called into Verizon, I have no warranty so I have to fix it myself

Thisguy89

Reaction score
Perhaps I'm just lucky?

It's been going on for a while, and I just called into Verizon, I have no warranty so I have to fix it myself

I've seen other people that use apps that auto-correct for the hard keyboard for when that happens.
Have you looked into that?

OP
X

xzillerationer

Reaction score
Perhaps I'm just lucky?

I've seen other people that use apps that auto-correct for the hard keyboard for when that happens.

I actually quite enjoy the auto correct, that's why I used the Mutlitouch keyboard when I was still on Liberty. But, I'll give it a try.

OP
X

xzillerationer

Reaction score

I actually quite enjoy the auto correct, that's why I used the Mutlitouch keyboard when I was still on Liberty. But, I'll give it a try.

I used a keyboard without autocorrect, and it still did it, and I still can't make it stop.

Thisguy89

Reaction score

I used a keyboard without autocorrect, and it still did it, and I still can't make it stop.

No no... I mean people use an auto-correct for the hard keyboard, so when it doubles a letter, they're less likely to notice, because the auto-correct will take care of it most of the time.

OP
X

xzillerationer

Reaction score

No no... I mean people use an auto-correct for the hard keyboard, so when it doubles a letter, they're less likely to notice, because the auto-correct will take care of it most of the time.

Oh, where can I find a keyboard that does that? All the ones I have that have auto correct don't fix it at all.