Droid 2 typing speed

Reaction score
Kind of a trivial matter here, but I'm wondering....how fast can everyone else type on the physical keyboard on the d2? I tell people that you can type far faster on a physical keyboard than a touch, but they seem skeptical for reasons I don't know and insist touch screen typing is "better" and faster. I guess its a personal preference.

Can anyone beat my typing speed on either the physical or touch keyboard? I used an app called ExtremeTypist, I used the default words with extreme mode turned off, I used the physical keyboard. I got anywhere between 50 and 60 wpm on average, with the image I attached being my best.

EDIT: I uploaded another screenshot using the app "myTextSpeed". I'm only typing things without punctuation for the most part, punctuation slows me down to a crawl when i have to type what I read like quotations and capital letters etc.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Last edited:

silverfang77

Reaction score
25.5 WPM with 100% accuracy on the Pluto test. I need to brush up.

Inverse

Reaction score
You should actually type with punctuation if you're trying to show your scores. If punctuation slows you down, there's a reason for it. I think showing a score with proper formatting is far more impressive than pure speed. Even with a lower number score, less errors are more indicative of true typing speed by anyone who cares about this kind of thing.

OP
R
Reaction score
You should actually type with punctuation if you're trying to show your scores. If punctuation slows you down, there's a reason for it. I think showing a score with proper formatting is far more impressive than pure speed. Even with a lower number score, less errors are more indicative of true typing speed by anyone who cares about this kind of thing.

it would be more impressive. but it's difficult to memorize where all the special keys are. and i was referring to "real life" speed. because when i type, contractions get punctuated with apostrophes, and first letter of a sentence is capitalized all automatically. the only punctuation i do when texting is commas, periods, quotations, and question marks as far i know. everything else is rarely used. what i posted above would be close to what my normal texting speed would be, which is the primary reason for using the keyboard on my phone.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
What he said. Although i do not use auto corrections, or punctuations. True enough a test involving special characters would be more accurate. At the same time when I am typing I know exactly what words are coming next, instead of trying to follow random words.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
My touch screen starts to glitch when I try to type real fast sometimes. And I'm ovetclocked. Not sure why though. I use swift key. It works great. It seems to read my mind

Sent from my rooted DROID2

OP
R
Reaction score

I tried out the ones with punctuation. I'm using the app "myTextSpeed", and I'm ranked first in every single test under Classic, and most of those include punctuation with special characters, capitalization, commas, question marks, etc. Username is the same on there as it is here. I'm getting anywhere between 320-385 characters per minute.