Droid 2 Physical Keyboard Issue

themavrik

Reaction score
Occasionaly when typing certain letters on the physical keyboard will act as shortcut keys instead of the letter keys. For instance, the letter "b" will shortcut to the internet or the letter "g" will shortcut to an app. It appears to be random as I have never setup any shortcut keys and it doesnt happen all the time. A phone reboot usually takes care of the issue but it is extremly annoying. The touch pad never has this issue and when the keyboard messes up i can finish a text with the touchpad. Any ideas?

akhi216

Reaction score
Clear your cache in recovery regularly.

Sent from my Xperia Play using Droid Forums

OP
T

themavrik

Reaction score
in the recovery menu that would be "wipe cache partition" correct?

LTsmooth42

Reaction score
Exactly.

Sent from my Xperia Play using Droid Forums

not to bring an old thread back from the dead, but I have having this same issue on my droid 3 with hashcode's cm9 rom. the keyboard shortcut problem had been occurring way to frequently and wasn't sure if it was an issue with the rom. However, clearing the cache partition from recovery resolved this issue for me. Thanks!

odd note -- I had to perform a battery pull after the wipe cache partition with my droid 3 (such an annoying battery cover) but it booted right up after a battery pull.