Future of physical keyboards

Jonas

Reaction score
One thing I have noticed is when I text quickly, swype or slide-it just don't cut it for me, and I have to go back and edit words that it mistook when I slid my finger, where as the keyboard, I know which key I hit. I am a huge fan of the slide outs, and hope they stick around.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL Running Liberty ROM.

brandon9559

Reaction score
Price on D3 is $199 with my upgrade. Plus $100 gift card if you turn in a non smart phone. I have a few I held on to. Something I may take advantage of that.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

The point of that promotion is to get non-smartphone users into a smartphone. if you already have a smartphone you can't just send in an old flip phone and get $100 off...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
Well, whatever floats all your boats! ;) I always thought I'd need a hard keyboard. I didn't know how I was going to survive with my DX, but screen size trumped keyboard.
I love Swype , I don't even think I'd want a hard keyboard anymore, Swype with soft keyboard is amazing! If the screen is small I'd take a physical, but the screen is big enough to have a keyboard up and use the screen.

I'm sure that they'll always keep a pretty quality slider in the market like the Droid series and usually there are several cheap Android sliders as well. Just to keep all you soft keyboard haters happy! ;) jkjk

xzillerationer

Reaction score
There are rumors of a device called the Samsung Stratosphere. It's basically a Galaxy S with a slide out keyboard and 4G. Think Epic 4G with LTE on Verizon. Positioned to be the first slide out LTE, but also be midrange, not an epic multicore device, but not a ****ty entry level device.

silverfang77

Reaction score
Is that the mystery phone that showed up in photos over the summer?

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk