Possible fix for "sound issue"?

OP
grunt0300

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6
I would double check with them that there is no fee for sending your current phone in first. Just to be safe. Good luck with whatever happens, hope you end up with a better functioning phone.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Thanks, i'll let you know what happens.

OP
grunt0300

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
UPDATE: Got the phone back, and the sounds can now be heard, but at a lower volume than when brand new. They said that they did "extensive" work on the phone, but didn't charge me. I redid my ringtones at a higher pitch, but the sound is still low. Better then nothing.:rolleyes:

OP
grunt0300

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
UNBELIEVEABLE!!!!!
After two days, this phone lost it's volume. The repaired moto z force droid is right back to having NO email sounds, NO msg sounds, and very low volume with incoming calls. I've never experienced this b.s. with any of the many cell phones that i've owned. I'll be sending it back tomorrow, but no matter what happens with this phone, i'm done with it. LG G6 or Galaxy S8 are looking better and better.:mad:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
There is a new system update available that appears to have addressed this issue.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
grunt0300

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I heard. Do i need to go to Church and light a candle?:p

OP
grunt0300

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Got the refurbished phone back yesterday afternoon, complete with a list of upgrades. Went all the way to build # NCL25.86-11-4-6. That last one, did fix the sound issue. As of now, it's working and sounding like the day i bought it. Pessimistically speaking, let's see how long it lasts. One thing for sure. I won't download any new upgrades. I don't think that this phone will get 7.1.1 before i dump it and move on to T-Mo. It took two times with Motorola, but they did fix it, and without any charges. Of course, i was fully covered for any damages, but i'll give them credit for the fix, anyhow.:p