SD card mount/encryption issue...?

sjabraham

Reaction score
I'm apologizing now if I sound too tech-illiterate, but I need a little help.

I have had a corporate sync account the entire time I've had Android phones through my university email (I've had the DINC, the Charge, and now the Rezound). Two days ago my phone suddenly told me I couldn't sync mail unless I followed the encryption/security measures. I now understand it was remote access, still have no idea why it happened, and then suddnely my pump up message said "Erasing SD card...." What??!!

Here's where the problem may have occured: I tried in vain to pull the battery and remove my 32GB SD card (see, illiterate), and after doing so my SD card is damaged (I'm assuming I could format it and it would be fine, but I want to try a recovery program), but what's worse is I can no longer mount ANY cards. I factory reset the phone, but it refuses to recognize any SD card that I try. I've formatted the other cards I've tried, but that hasn't helped.

I know I have seen several posts on multiple sites, but none of them seem to have applied to Rezounds who have not upgraded to ICS. My phone is not rooted, I haven't done any mods, nothing.

Please, any insight is welcome, and be patient, n00b is putting it lightly.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Your university changed their security policy. Now encrypted SD is a must. You probably have to Android format the SD and encrypt it before it will be recognized. If you have another phone/device available, try to format the SD in it then move it to your Rezound and encrypt it. If that doesn't work, get an exchange from Verizon since the SD slot is shot.

OP
S

sjabraham

Reaction score
Thanks,

Yeah, I'm assuming that the university did that. However, even if I remove the corporate sync account AND factory reset my phone, would I still need an encrypted SD? I did Android format the SD, I tried the card in another device, and it works fine there. I formatted it in the other device, and tried it again in my Rezound, and that didn't work either. UGH.
Further complicating things, I can't exchange the phone since it is a company phone.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Even if it's a company phone the carrier should still replace it under warranty. As far as removing the sync, yes. Once you untie it from the policy that forced encryption it should no longer require encryption.