Sd card questions

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've got the stock card in my phone and when I look at used vs available it says 14gb for both although I think I have media stored in it..The reason I say think is because Astro shows 2 folders for sd storage. 1 is sd and 1 is external sd. I have data on both that shows up when I explore.
Does the card use 2gb of the just for format?
Was it formatted when I bought the phone like my Inc was?
Is it not showing a difference because I've only got a couple hundred mbs used? On my Inc it showed a difference from the first time I put any media on it.
Thank you

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Sent from a Rezound phone via Blue TapaTalk

RezoundHound

Reaction score
With Astro "sdcard" is your phone's built-in memory. "ext_sd" is your memory card.

Does the card use 2gb of the just for format? A certain amount of space is used by the Operating System and the bloatware that comes preinstalled.

Was it formatted when I bought the phone like my Inc was? Yes

Is it not showing a difference because I've only got a couple hundred mbs used? ?????? It should be showing a difference.

RH

dolpns13

Reaction score
On my phone Astro doesn't have an "ext _sd" folder. Just an "sdcard" folder, of which is my external card

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

gerrya

Reaction score
Normal:
your 16gb card is actually 15,927,345,152 bits divide that by 1024 , but because of the way it is calculated, you have to divide the result again by 1024 and then once more. You will end up with 14.83. Depending on your card, I've seen anywhere between 14.2 and 15gb.

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
With Astro "sdcard" is your phone's built-in memory. "ext_sd" is your memory card.

Does the card use 2gb of the just for format? A certain amount of space is used by the Operating System and the bloatware that comes preinstalled.

Was it formatted when I bought the phone like my Inc was? Yes

Is it not showing a difference because I've only got a couple hundred mbs used? ?????? It should be showing a difference.

RH

Thank you.
I suspected that in the bloatware being embedded in the card as well as the phone, just not that much. I now see why they put a 16gb vs the 2gb that came with my Inc.
Weird how it's not showing any difference but the data is there.
Thank you again.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Sent from a Rezound phone via Blue TapaTalk