No Clicking Sound When Pressing Buttons Or Opening Apps

SC Headbanger

Reaction score
Suddenly today my Moto DROID stopped making the "clicking" sound that it makes when you press buttons to make selections, or open Apps. It still vibrates, but no sound. I've made no changes, and the box is checked in my sound settings. Any idea why this is happening, or is anyone else experiencing this? I've restarted the phone, taken the battery out, unchecked and rechecked the box several times to no avail. This feature is VERY important to me on a touch screen phone, and I really want it back. I haven't done a factory reset yet because I have so many contacts I'd have to re-enter and such. Any help is greatly appreciated!

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Your contacts are stored on gmail. Did you get the 2.1 update or not?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah man a factory reset does not erase any contacts. Maybe turn the volume up?

OP
SC Headbanger

SC Headbanger

Reaction score
Volume is all the way up. Like I mentioned, I haven't changed anything. It was working fine this morning. And since this afternoon, no click.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Sounds to me like the phone is in Silent mode. It should be rather obvious being that there would be a speaker icon on the notification bar with an "x' through it but in any case, you can turn Silent mode on and off by holding down the power button and selecting it in the list. I mention this because even if audible selection is enabled, silent mode will silence both audible selections as well as the camera shutter.

OP
SC Headbanger

SC Headbanger

Reaction score
No, the phone's not in silent mode. All other sounds play fine (ringer, notifications, ect). It's just the click and shutter sounds that won't make their noises. I guess I'll take it to Verizon and see what they have to say.

Helmut

Reaction score
heres what I have found, that clicking noise is tied to Media volume no idea why but try opening a media app like music player or something and turn the volume up, my guess is its all the way down

Phillipsave

Reaction score
Yeah, go to Settings, Sounds & Display, Media Volume, and push it all the way to the right.