Please Help. Is my Droid X Bricked? Went from Gingerbread->Liberty in Clockwork.

Franky_V

Reaction score

80hd

Reaction score
I've been in this situation more than once.
This excellent collection of links set me up in no time . I prefer the full system SBF since I've been tinkering with the Gingerbread leak but it's probably not necessary.

As far as your phone powering down during an update, I wouldn't worry about it since you said the flash was mostly completed. My assumption is that the SW update loader is the first 0.5% of progress that way if everything else is fubar you can at least reflash.

This guy put together a simple-to-use live linux image for SBF'ing if you're one of those people not running windows or need a different method for troubleshooting.
I run that in a parallels VM many many times and find it very useful.

I've never seen a genuinely bricked DX, just phones that need help getting into working condition. I've gotten stuck and worked it out so many times that now it's casual like changing out a wallpaper.

Use Recovery Backup frequently!!! The best way to experiment is to backup, flash whatever you like and go from there. More than once I have flashed a bad zip or performed a wipe and then found that the zip is bad so I'd have to start at square one. If you have recovery backup images you will invariably save yourself time and frustration.

Hope that helps and happy hacking.