Please Help. Is my Droid X Bricked? Went from Gingerbread->Liberty in Clockwork.

Micahh

Reaction score
After getting tired of Gingerbread, I wanted to go back to Liberty 2.0
I went into clockwork recovery and Nandroid recovered back to when I had liberty 2.0. I had a feeling it wouldn't work but I didn't know it would be this bad.

The phone won't boot up.
I can't get past "M" logo; sometimes after the M logo it goes to a blank screen.
I can't get into clockwork recovery anymore.
I can get into bootloader 30.04 screen
but my device doesn't appear on RSDLITE 4.9
This makes it impossible to SBF back.

The driver I am missing is s flash omap3630 mi. I've been trying everything I can find for 3 hours.

Someone please help. How can I get the drivers I need?

cgrimm9

Reaction score
i just say use a different computer. I had the same issue useing windows xp but worked on my windows 7 computer. also look around I cant post any links someone created a linux live cd for just sbf your phone back to normal

droidx8791

Theme Developer
Reaction score
Try a different version of rsd they have bugs in some versions. Linux is the easier way. As said by the previous post use a live linux cd if u don't wont to install linux on your computer. If you need some links on info let me know

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Fate0n3

Reaction score
Install the latest drivers from Motorola. If you have them uninstall them and re-install and give it another try. If that does not work let us know. Also if you are using Windows 7 on a 64bit machine they are known to have issues search around.

Also make sure you using the correct SBF file you need the FULL .340 SBF file.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
After getting tired of Gingerbread, I wanted to go back to Liberty 2.0
I went into clockwork recovery and Nandroid recovered back to when I had liberty 2.0. I had a feeling it wouldn't work but I didn't know it would be this bad.

The phone won't boot up.
I can't get past "M" logo; sometimes after the M logo it goes to a blank screen.
but my device doesn't appear on RSDLITE 4.9
This makes it impossible to SBF back.

The driver I am missing is s flash omap3630 mi. I've been trying everything I can find for 3 hours.

Someone please help. How can I get the drivers I need?

If you can't get pass the M, can't get into bootloader to run SBF I feel you are officially bricked.

I was in the same situation and I could get into bootloader. I completed the sbf successfully and still could not get past the M. This was a D2, not an X but basically similar situation.

I'd start thinking about exercising your warranty and getting another phone.

droidx8791

Theme Developer
Reaction score
He said he can get into the bootloader. Rsd is giving him the issues whether it be drivers or the version of rsd.

belanova

Reaction score
Im sorry :( thats why u have no investigate before doing something

Natey2

Reaction score
Im sorry :( thats why u have no investigate before doing something

Or, just use unrooted stock. It's really not that bad as a bricked DroidX.

Natey2

Reaction score

The phone won't boot up.

I want to confirm... a Nandroid recovery did not work to restore your phone? A lot of people consider it the foolproof backup/restore to get back to the last known working version.

Thank you for sharing your experience. It will enlighten others.

Droid_Boi86

Reaction score
^^^i agree with home skillet..lol
..flashin a Nandroid of your previous back up to get back from Gingerbread to your custom or stock Froyo rom cause this problem you have here..

since you can get into the bootloader, you can still do and SBF
all you have to do is find a non curupted RSDlite and unstall all previous drivers and reinstall them...
if your using windows...XP, 7 make sure u Run RSDlite as "Admin"..

fictionwerks

Reaction score
Lol I had the same issue. Only remedy is an sbf .

Sent from a DROIDX that has been flashed more times then a bead vendor at mardi gras.

fictionwerks

Reaction score
Rsd 4.7 worked fine for me. Just make sure you are flashing .340

Sent from a DROIDX that has been flashed more times then a bead vendor at mardi gras.