Flash back to Liberty ROM after using leaked Gingerbread?

Jbtech

Reaction score
I am currently running liberty 1.5 but would like to try out the new leaked gingerbread.

Assuming I will loose my root after installing gingerbread, can I make a backup of my current liberty, install gingerbread, and flash back to my backup of liberty if I decide I don't like the gingerbread?

I guess I am a little unsure if I will be able to get back to clockwork recovery to restore my backup of Liberty.

Reaction score
You have to sfb your phone to put it back on froyo then reroot and then you can flash liberty. You can't root gingerbread as of now.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
Works just fine. I did exactly what you said you want to do, and I'm back to GB again, for now. Do this:

1. Create a nandroid backup of 1.5
  2. Copy your SD Card to a PC (just in case)
  3. Boot into the bootstrapper and install the GB update.zip
  4. If you actually boot into GB (may take 10+ minutes), go through the motions until you can power off. If you bootloop, that's okay, skip this step.
  5. Boot into recovery (hold Power and Home until you see the exclamation screen)
  6. Press Volume UP and Volume DOWN at the same time, while you're on the exclamation screen
  7. Do a factory reset (use volume buttons to move, power button to OK)
  8. Reboot and have fun with GB!
  9. When you're ready to go back to Froyo, SBF the 340 full SBF file, boot up, activate, root, install bootstrap, wipe data, then restore your backup.
  10. Upgrade to Liberty 2.0 when it's ready!

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Works just fine. I did exactly what you said you want to do, and I'm back to GB again, for now. Do this:

1. Create a nandroid backup of 1.5
  2. Copy your SD Card to a PC (just in case)
  3. Boot into the bootstrapper and install the GB update.zip
  4. If you actually boot into GB (may take 10+ minutes), go through the motions until you can power off. If you bootloop, that's okay, skip this step.
  5. Boot into recovery (hold Power and Home until you see the exclamation screen)
  6. Press Volume UP and Volume DOWN at the same time, while you're on the exclamation screen
  7. Do a factory reset (use volume buttons to move, power button to OK)
  8. Reboot and have fun with GB!
  9. When you're ready to go back to Froyo, SBF the 340 full SBF file, boot up, activate, root, install bootstrap, wipe data, then restore your backup.
  10. Upgrade to Liberty 2.0 when it's ready!
Actually, if I read his post correctly, that isnt what he was asking to do. He was asking if he could just flash straight back to Liberty from GB...and the answer to that is No, he cant. The answer you provided is testament to that fact as well, since you outline having to SBF back to Froyo, then re-root, and then flash back a previous back-up of Liberty...

If I read his question wrong, I apologize in advance...