Liberty vs. rubiX vs. Gingerbread(rooted)

KSF2600

Reaction score
I am currently running rubiX 1.9.7 and love the ROM. I came to this forum to upgrade to the newest version of rubiX but can't decide between Liberty, rubiX or Gingerbread(rooted). Any suggestions?

snoop5

Reaction score
I am currently running rubiX 1.9.7 and love the ROM. I came to this forum to upgrade to the newest version of rubiX but can't decide between Liberty, rubiX or Gingerbread(rooted). Any suggestions?

Personal preference but for me im currently running GB(rooted) and its great with all the new features and stuff but, i came from Rubix 2.0.1 and it was the best one so far liberty is ok but for me its Rubix hands down. He may do another rom for the dx but as of right now we dont know yet. dancedroid

OP
K

KSF2600

Reaction score
How does the battery life compare? That is the most important factor to me.

vedwed

Reaction score
Liberty is a better rom hands down IMHO. Gingerbread rom = nice eye candy, but functionality of a rock trying to swim, I personally did not like rubiX, to me it feels unresponsive (and before you start about my phone being the problem, 1 its new, 2 no other rom has this feeling to me) I got frequent reboots even with no apps installed that would cause problems, just after fresh flash without installing any apps. Liberty will reboot on me a few times if I go from camera to gallery back to camera, but this seems to be the only time I have issues with it, and I dont use the camera much, so...
I like the features that liberty offers, I havent seen these incorporated and WORKING well in anyone elses roms

But a question like the one you ask will get a lot of different responses because this is an opinion based "what do you like more" question. just because I like apples better than oranges does not mean an apple is better or more healthier than an orange, it just means I prefer apples to oranges.

teknotronik

Reaction score
Everyone here is missing out on ApeX. I must say out of all of the Roms, this one is super responsive! I hope Fabolous drops a GB-leak based version of ApeX that is zip-aligned and de-odexed. I hope the devs start tearing up the framework and can start theming this new leak!

ctslaton

Reaction score
I also loved apex. Sorry to see Fabolous move on, be nice if he came back for gingerbread.

timelord

Reaction score
I hightly doubt anything new will be comming from developers based off .340. GB is a stock rom, full blur and as fast as any AOSP rom. So imagine future roms based off gb.
2.2.3 is the next step foward, .340 has been superseded. thats why your old .340 roms will be a dying breed.

I'm loving gb, I see no performance decrease from rubix focused. I for one won't be going back to any 340 custom roms.

Jordan8

Reaction score

Personal preference but for me im currently running GB(rooted) and its great with all the new features and stuff but, i came from Rubix 2.0.1 and it was the best one so far liberty is ok but for me its Rubix hands down. He may do another rom for the dx but as of right now we dont know yet. dancedroid

Drod said he wont be making another version :(

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Jordan8

Reaction score
Liberty is a better rom hands down IMHO. Gingerbread rom = nice eye candy, but functionality of a rock trying to swim, I personally did not like rubiX, to me it feels unresponsive (and before you start about my phone being the problem, 1 its new, 2 no other rom has this feeling to me) I got frequent reboots even with no apps installed that would cause problems, just after fresh flash without installing any apps. Liberty will reboot on me a few times if I go from camera to gallery back to camera, but this seems to be the only time I have issues with it, and I dont use the camera much, so...
I like the features that liberty offers, I havent seen these incorporated and WORKING well in anyone elses roms

But a question like the one you ask will get a lot of different responses because this is an opinion based "what do you like more" question. just because I like apples better than oranges does not mean an apple is better or more healthier than an orange, it just means I prefer apples to oranges.

Have you actually tried gingerbread? The speed & smoothness of it blows the others completely out of the water IMO. I only got ~1400 on quadrant on various other froyo roms. Stock GB: Twitpic - Share photos and videos on Twitter

ctslaton

Reaction score
There was an earlier tweet that fabolous left big red and got a different phone to play with. I may have assumed too much, I hope so because he has great roms.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

bicycleray

Reaction score
Rubix to me was the fastest and most stable but not a lot of customization can be done and bluetooth controls don't work.
*Drod went to the dark side and got a thunder bolt do no more X support.

Apex is amazing if you like the blur social parts and widgets.

Liberty. Hands down the most custom rom out there. Make your phone yours with Liberty but I found it to reboot every so often.

I myself is on Gingerbread and love because I flash do much it's nice to have something new! P3Droid had already added tranquilty tool box so gingerbread roms will take over.

I recommend Liberty as my favorite froyo rom but gingerbread is hands done the fastest

Sent from my DROIDX

turdbogls

Reaction score
i have run pretty much every Rom out there for the DX.
started with gummy Jar 2.1, went to 2.5, tried liberty 1 and 1.5, then went to apex, tranquility, and rubix.

the best out of those IMO was the latest Apex 1.4.1. it was SOLID, never gave me FC's, never random rebooted, stable even with overclock, it was fast and just worked. not to mention i got through an entire day with over 30% battery left usually.

Liberty 1.5 was not that great for me. it was nice to have themes and such in the toolbox, but i usually DL the themes and stuff from here and flash them manually. then i stated to get random reboots, and i could just barely go a full day on a charge.

and now i am running Rooted GB, and i have to say it is amazing. it has only been out for a couple days and it is already leaps and bounds ahead of anything else i have run in terms of speed and stability. customization will be coming soon. themes are already starting to become available (although i really like stock GB theme for the most part)
i LOVED apex 1.4.1, but there is no way i would go back to it if GB keeps running the way it is on my DX.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL

Sorry mate, but Rubix was smooth as silk on my phone. I tried Liberty and Apex and never liked them. I am running the rooted/deodexed GB leak and though I like it and will probalby use it for a while, I miss some of the custom stuff from Rubix. It however is FAR superior than Froyo for the DX was. Froyo was rubbish from Verizon. I hope GB will get a Rubix treatment.