Please Help. Is my Droid X Bricked? Went from Gingerbread->Liberty in Clockwork.

Gavin

Reaction score
I had a situation the other day where I upgraded to RSDLite 4.9 and it wouldn't see my phone. I went back to 4.8 and it could see my phone, but then it wouldn't take the SBF file. My Desktop was cluttered with SBF files. I am running Windows 7 64 bit. I remembered reading somewhere that putting the SBF file in the root of your C:\ Drive, and renaming it to something like r.sbf or r1.sbf would work. Once I put it in the root of my C:\ Drive, RSDLite 4.8 recognized it and my phone was back to normal.

fictionwerks

Reaction score
There have been issues with windows 7 and rsd. Vista has worked fine each time for me with no issues

Sent from a DROIDX that has been flashed more times then a bead vendor at mardi gras.

jonecat

Reaction score
Honestly, you are in good shape if you can get into the bootloader. I would use a VM of Ubuntu if you don't use Linux already and use "sbf_flash". It is so brain dead simple to SBF this way, RSD is for suckers!

OPTICALDELUSION: sbf_flash

ice.flyingsheep

Reaction score
This Happened to me just last night actually

I wanted to give the new Liberty rom a shot, so I used Droid 2 Recovery to try to restore from Gingerbread back to froyo and I encountered the same issue. I spent a good hour either waiting for my phone to load, and pulling the battery, and all that. What ended up working was I went into recovery and selected clear data/factory reset and just reinstalled the Gingerbread.zip that I initially used to flash gingerbread, then just sbf'ed back to 2.3.340

chefjellynow

Reaction score
I had a very simaler problem, so I switched from rds 4.9 to 4.7 then it finally recognized the phone but have me fail errors. I uninstalled 4.7 and reinstalled 4.9 and it recognized and completed the flash