Trouble after Gingerbread!!!! Help!!

drum747

Reaction score
Ok so I downloaded rooted Gingerbread from TBH, I had been running Liberty 1.5 for a couple of weeks. I made a nandroid backup and installed, everything was great. I decided to go back to my Liberty backup and went to boot into CWM and it said "success" and then it got stuck at the Motorola logo and then nothing. It wont boot. I pulled the battery and it will not boot past the boot logo!! I cant even get it to boot into the factory recovery, all I get is the triangle with the android? What now? Please help!!

Last edited:

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i don't think you can just flash the backup. i am pretty sure you will need to sbf. are you familiar with the process?

SGT DX

Reaction score
Ok so I downloaded rooted Gingerbread from TBH, I had been running Liberty 1.5 for a couple of weeks. I made a nandroid backup and installed, everything was great. I decided to go back to my Liberty backup and went to boot into CWM and it said "success" and then it got stuck at the Motorola logo and then nothing. It wont boot. I pulled the battery and it will not boot past the boot logo!! I cant even get it to boot into the factory recovery, all I get is the triangle with the android? What now? Please help!!

bump. Same thing happening to me. Help!

leonozug

Reaction score
I just did the same thing...I had to SBF back to bone stock and then re-root and then get bootstrap back and then got back to Clockwork and my backup. Sucked!!
I DID hear the Droid 2 bootstrap allows you to get to Clockwork though, not sure if thats true though...

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
first thing you'll need is to find the correct sbf file for your phone which is the 2.3.34

then you'll need rsd lite 4.9

there is a very in depth tutorial in the fifth link in my sigature.

OP
D

drum747

Reaction score
Thanks Spaz! I will check it out. This is the first problem I've ever had with a ROM. Thanks, I'll report back.

fox_dye

Reaction score
Im pretty sure you can use the madderstock.zip I think that's how you spell it. Its like an sbf you can flash if im not mistaken. I haven't tried it yet only had the DX for a few weeks.

Sent from a galaxy far far away......

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
it shouldn't give you too many problems and it is a good thing to learn. i have only sbf'd on ubuntu and it's a lot different than windows but if you have questions i'll try my best to have answers.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Im pretty sure you can use the madderstock.zip I think that's how you spell it. Its like an sbf you can flash if im not mistaken. I haven't tried it yet only had the DX for a few weeks.

you know what i never thought about that. actually i don't think it would work though because iirc it's system only and to get back from gb you need full sbf.

leonozug

Reaction score
Using RSD Lite and SBF'ing ain't that bad. It seems complex at first but really is simple. Just takes a little time to get done.

OP
D

drum747

Reaction score
OK, weird. After about 10 attempts to boot I had the battery out for like 15 minutes and put it back in and it booted!!! I tried to get into CWM again but it did the same thing. It is booted and running now. What should I do at this point? Maderstock?

I uninstalled CWM and re-installed but nothing. The weird thing is I have root? bizarre.

Last edited:

fox_dye

Reaction score
You can try if it doesn't work then just use rsd. Let me know how it goes im a little curious. I might do it my self just for ****s and giggles even though I plan on staying on gb.

OP
D

drum747

Reaction score
Maderstock requires CWM. Oh. I guess its SBF. Any other ideas before I go down that road? Everything works except CWM!!

Last edited: