Trouble after Gingerbread!!!! Help!!

chefb

Reaction score
Uninstall droidx bootstrap, download d2 bootstrap and use that to get to Cw...peoples CA are not working on gb with the x.....your using the rooted version right?

bink1r

Reaction score
Spaz, Does the SBF that you have in your signature work for D2 as well?

OP
D

drum747

Reaction score
Yes Chef, the rooted version. I was just reading that. I will try it and report back.

Worked like a charm!! Got back in to CWM with Droid 2 bootstrap!! restoring now!! Thank you so much!!

I have a feeling this thread may come in handy for others.

Last edited:

aimless

Reaction score
Hey guys...I need some help. After flashing GB, I made it all the way to the home screen but an "ADW force close" message keeps popping up. I hit ok and it pops up immediately. It's like a loop but instead of boot it's ADW force closing. Any ideas? I need my phone for the morning. Kinda screwed.

aimless

Reaction score
You can try booting in to stock recovery and doing factory reset.

tappin and a talkin

Yea, I've been trying that but when I get to the triangle screen, search button does nothing! It won't open the options to let me scroll to factory reset. What do you think?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
iirc the search button doesn't work on gb. you have to press both volume buttons simultaneously.

chefb

Reaction score
Yes Chef, the rooted version. I was just reading that. I will try it and report back.

Worked like a charm!! Got back in to CWM with Droid 2 bootstrap!! restoring now!! Thank you so much!!

I have a feeling this thread may come in handy for others.

Good!!! It seems like its time for me to try to do it(try out Gingerbread) my self! I'm still on liberty, I have not flashed yet. I always study Before flashing anything.

mikex

Reaction score
I read that GB puts new drivers on your system which is probably why most are having trouble going back. So, make sure you get the stock drivers for your phone. I have the link, but its at my office.

OP
D

drum747

Reaction score
Well, restore went through the motions but wouldn't boot past the boot screen so I am re-flashing Liberty to see if that works,......

Weird, It did the same thing. just hangs at the boot screen,....

Last edited:

aimless

Reaction score
iirc the search button doesn't work on gb. you have to press both volume buttons simultaneously.

Ok, cool. I got to the screen but the camera button doesn't seem to be the enter button now. Do you know what I press now to carry out the reset?

JNEHAMA

Reaction score
I just read in the droid x forums that you cannot use maderstok to get back to 2.3. 340 from rooted Gingerbread. You can use the TBH full sys 2.3. 340 update zip with droid 2bootstrapper, but you will need to SBF if you want to get back to Gingerbread without sticking in a bootloop. This was all tried out earlier by one of the mods there.

From unrooted Gingerbread you must SBF.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
D

drum747

Reaction score
Well, just did a factory reset and Im still stuck at the boot screen. SBF it is,....

aimless

Reaction score
my guesses would be either power button or home button

I was thinking maybe home button too but that didn't do it. I was too scared to hit anything. Guess I need to stop being a wimp. Power button did it so let's see what happens. Thanks alot for your help, Spaz!! Hopefully this will do it. I'll let you guys know in case this happens to someone else.