Phone Shutting off randomly??

mcdrew99

Reaction score
I've pulled my bionic out of my pocket a couple times and found it completely dead. I've tried holding down the power button but no response. There is plenty of battery left. The only solution I've found is taking off the back and pulling out the battery. I put the battery back in and then the phone will power on.

anyone else with this issue??

idk5

Reaction score
Most likely it froze with the screen off happened to mine once

Swyped wile controlling all machines at 4G speeds using the Bionic

kjak

Reaction score
My bionic reboots everytime I look at my gallery. I am able to look at the pictures for about 10 seconds before I get the Moto dual core screen.

homesick

Reaction score
mine has the random screen blackout with no response as well... only fix is a battery pull.

NHaynie

Reaction score
My droid has really bad lag and while im playing a game it gets hot and then reboots

kjak

Reaction score
Ok, mine just froze on the black screen, and I had to do a battery pull. Battery is well over 50%. Here we go again with another great device with software issues. Thanks VZW and MOTO, came from the Droid X2 and all of its problems, thinking I was out of the woods.

georgemovie

Reaction score
This happened to me twice today. First time it timed out while charging and the screen just stayed black ...the phone was still on but the back light wouldn't turn on and I had to tilt the angle of the phone to still see the power button off menu and select the power off in the menu. I had to pull the battery.

The second time today it happened was when the phone was in my pocket for at least 3 hours, and wouldn't wake up and the LED light indicator was blinking indicating a new email. I had to pull the battery.

What should I do? Call VZW for exchange or just go to the store?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

xcrider

Reaction score
Just happened to me for the first time after installing JD Plus.. I thought maybe that was the reason. Hopefully it doesnt happen again. We will see.

Slave_One

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me last night, I knew I had at least half a charge but would not turn on until I pulled the battery...

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
Mine had the same issue I used the 14 day worry free and exchanged it an no issues. I contacted VZN as well and they had 1 other complaint they stated.

JiriJ

Reaction score
It happens to me MANY times - like 20x - Hour ago cold reset to Motorola logo - in the middle of the phone call - (3rd time) - on the line that was 99% reliable last 5 years on the OLD, OLD -Motorola Mobile phone.
VZ Network - I contacted them like 4 days ago - do not believe them - that xxnonamexx was the 2nd one.

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
I took it back got a new one (yes I don't believe I was the 2nd one to report it either) The new phone just turned off now I am out of 14 day worry free. Phone#2.

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
SO I had a chat with MOTOROLA regaridng this issue and they stated you have 1 year from date of purchase to send it out for repair. REPAIR? They are going to send it back it turns on for me. They need a firmware/software update I think

guttyla

Reaction score
just happened to me..phone went off, had to do a battery pull. Batter was 3/4 full. It could be several things...recently downloaded app, battery, the phone itself. In my case I recently downloaded Brightest Flashlight Free. I recently changed my battery to the extended battery 3 days ago. If it happens again I will uninstall app and then try putting reg battery back in.
Would be interested for those this is happening to if you recently downloaded an app (and which app) and if you use extended battery. Sharing would help us all figure it out quicker.
By the way, I love the bionic...it is super fast and snappy. All electronics have issues so i don't mind dealing with minor issues.

thx