Phone shut off on its own tonight...

flipcircuit

Reaction score
I am rooted and have the go launcher. It was doing it until i removed the pre-installed task manager. No probs. Since thats gone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Infiniti87

Reaction score
Okay this is like the 100th thread about the black screen issue. Not to be rude but that's what the search function is for. Even just browsing down the list of threads you will find a few.

Now to the discussion. This is a well known issue for the Bionics and it happens to some people more than others. It happened to me twice the first two days I had the Bionic (I got it on the 7th) but it hasn't happened since. There is no known fix yet besides a battery pull but hopefully it will be fixed in the update in late October or early November. The phone doesn't actually shut down its just unresponsive. Something you can try that has worked for some people is to use the "performance " setting under the battery status menu. Nobody has found a direct correlation between the black screen of death and a specific app or setting to my knowledge. If it is a deal breaker for you that sucks but it is the price we pay for being early adopters of an electronic device. When I bought my Bionic I knew full well that there would be issues. It happens with every new device. Hell I even had problems with my 50k dollar Ford Raptor but it wasn't a deal breaker. For $300 I can deal with a few quirks as I have faith they will be fixed.

Sent from the rocket in my pocket, my all powerful DROID BIONIC.

fizband

Reaction score
  • :blink: mine turned off while i was looking at it on the 2nd day, though i had gained jedi powers :icon_ banana:.
  • only happened once to me though
  • it would be good once in a while to drain battery completely empty before charging it.

getty1582

Reaction score
Im new to the forums but I got my DROID bionic few days after release date. Told myself I wouldn't root it. But just last night I rooted it and I must say so far its running just fine. Considering flashing a rom but not doing it quite yet

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Bamafanatic

Reaction score
I have the same problem. It first happened the day after I installedf the extended battery. It happened again during the night and even though it was on charge the battery showed very low and needing a charge.