Pandora Uninstall Issue

DroidBoy22

Reaction score
I got Pandora and was using it forever. Then the update came and totally screwed everything up. I would get FC's and many times wouldn't start. At the time I was using Home++ so I draged the widget over to the garbage to uninstall. Now the problem is:

The phone sees Pandora installed but its really not. So when I go to the market, I have the options to either "Open" or "Uninstall." Both the options are grayed out though, so I cant select it. What can I do?

I am currently rooted too.

Atook

Reaction score
It sounds like you deleted the widget off the desktop, not the application.

Go to Settings->Applications->Manage Apps and uninstall from there.

Then try and re-install. You might have to reboot.

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain by chance were you running a smoked copy of pandora located in /system/app/Pandora.apk
if so try this.
look in both of these directorys for these 2 files

/data/app/com.panora.android.apk
/system/app/Pandora.apk

if you have those files in those directories delete them both and reboot your phone. go back to the market and see if you are now able to install pandora

-=Jason=-

OP
D

DroidBoy22

Reaction score
Last edited:

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That guys, but still no luck. I even used astro file manager and did a full search in the root directory. It didn't find anything related to Pandora. I'm really stumped. I don't wanna do a factory reset over such shenanigans too.

*http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/10129-uninstall-help-2.html*

That's the same issues I'm having. Still haven't found a solution though.

Astro does not have ROOT ACCESS so your /data folder will be empty and im not sure if it shows your /system folder either

if the market is telling you that you have Pandora installed then its either in
/system/app/ or /data/app/

-=Jason=-

OP
D

DroidBoy22

Reaction score
I went through all the directories and didn't find anything related to Pandora. This is way weird. It happened before I even rooted too.

ldimick

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. When I tried to download it from the Market it said that it was not coprrectly signed. So I went to APPBRAIN and selected to remove it form my phone. Then did a remote sync and it removed whatever the Pandora piece was that was causing the hang up. After that I reinstalled it and it has been working perfectly.

OP
D

DroidBoy22

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. When I tried to download it from the Market it said that it was not coprrectly signed. So I went to APPBRAIN and selected to remove it form my phone. Then did a remote sync and it removed whatever the Pandora piece was that was causing the hang up. After that I reinstalled it and it has been working perfectly.

Good idea, that just redirects me to the market which gives me the two grayed out options. Is there a way to manually install Pandora on to the SD card?

HeroNova

Reaction score
The update doesn't install successfully for me. It keeps prompting me to update but it doesn't complete. Otherwise, the one I have works fine.