Apps question

drjoek

Reaction score
Ive got another question
Thanks in advance.

When I first got the droid I went right to Market and downloaded a few apps.Some useful some fun. Then later that day I decided toclear them out and restart anew so that I could pick and chose the few that I would eventually use. I used a delete fuction on the phone rather than the uninstall in market. It now says that I have these apps installed in market but cant be opened. But really theyre nowhere to be found. The fun apps that are gone are no loss but I can no longer get Pandora and Weather.com since it says they are installed but I cant open them. Is there a way to undelete or reinstall these apps?

Again thanks for any help.

snyluc13

Reaction score
thats an odd bug, have you gone to menu-->settings--->Applications--->Manage Applications and tried uninstalling from there? thats where i usually uninstall apps

OP
D

drjoek

Reaction score
thats an odd bug, have you gone to menu-->settings--->Applications--->Manage Applications and tried uninstalling from there? thats where i usually uninstall apps

See thats what I did originally.
If I do the uninstall in Market i can reinstall
Now I want back a couple I uninstalled (eg Pandora) but the Market still sees it as installed so I cant open it/install it again.

FVC

Reaction score
Ive got another question
Thanks in advance.

When I first got the droid I went right to Market and downloaded a few apps.Some useful some fun. Then later that day I decided toclear them out and restart anew so that I could pick and chose the few that I would eventually use. I used a delete fuction on the phone rather than the uninstall in market. It now says that I have these apps installed in market but cant be opened. But really theyre nowhere to be found. The fun apps that are gone are no loss but I can no longer get Pandora and Weather.com since it says they are installed but I cant open them. Is there a way to undelete or reinstall these apps?

Did you resolve your issue ? I am having the same problem

OP
D

drjoek

Reaction score
Ive got another question
Thanks in advance.

Did you resolve your issue ? I am having the same problem

It kind of resolved itself
The Pandora program offered an update available which I used and the droid found Pandora. Implies that the program is still on phone. Weather.com still unavailable. So overall achieving success in spite of /myself:greendroid:

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Maybe it was still on your sdcard somewhere? Did you ever check to see if it was with a program like Astro?

OP
D

drjoek

Reaction score
Maybe it was still on your sdcard somewhere? Did you ever check to see if it was with a program like Astro?

I wouldn't know how to check what's on sdcard
Willing to try if you gave me an idea how to.

alm0614

Reaction score
download Astro file manager and look on there if you can find them