Titanium Backup Restore & App Install

vinylgruve

Reaction score
I recently got cyanogen & 2.1 rooted on my phone and used titanium backup to backup apps and things. much of the restore went ok, but a few of the apps didn't restore. ok no big deal, i'll just go and re-install from the market, right? wrong.

When I go to reinstall the app from the market, the app downloads fine but immediately errors saying, Insufficient storage space. I have plenty of space on the phone itself (not using Apps2SD) and can install other apps from the market.

Any ideas on how to resolve the matter?

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Probably not the answer you wanted to hear, but using ANY app to backup/restore apps between ROM's have given me the same or similar problems. I have used Astro, Titanium, and MyBackups. Your best bet is when you do a wipe between ROM's is to re-download as many of your apps as you feel like from the market, you will get a much more harmonious outcome.

This is not to say that using an app to backup/restore your apps is totally useless. Just don't rely on them to restore ALL your apps. I personally only use said apps to restore the apps that any updates have (IMHO)screwed them up (i.e. Beautiful Widgets, Battery Left widget, SetCPU, etc.) for me. I currently use MyBackups to backup/restore these items as well as my call logs, and SMS/MMS.

OP
vinylgruve

vinylgruve

Reaction score
not the answer i was looking for now, but good information to know though. so here's another question then...i did back up the data from stock shazam, any chance i could just get what i tagged back some how? even looking in the data backup via a text editor or something?