OTA FRG22D stock release 8/24

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Agreed, and that's my point.

cvpcs isn't going to just release it on the same day, he's going to check it out first.

if he did, then all the better, but then you would have everyone complaing about what's broken, etc.

You can't win either way :)

My point was it would be in the realm of the feasible for it to be released today, though I also doubt it will be. I just wanted folks who might have confusion over these issues to realize that cvpcs/sapphire doesn't "depend" on today's OTA, really.

Invader DJ

Reaction score
I'm not really worried about cvps releasing an update today. Unless they include the new gapps with the improved Gmail it really doesn't matter. The final Flash apk is already available to install, so it really doesn't matter.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Wonder if an updated GAPPS package could be put out separately. Maybe a bonus of having it separated from the rom? ;)

heleos

Reaction score
Gmail update is already a separate apk, I have it installed :D

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Oh of course it is! :D I guess I'll have to go hunt that down. Thanks!

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
That was the "I'll have to go hunt that down" part of my comment. :) I've seen a few links to it, but, none that I trust. I'm a bit finicky about where I get apk's from and prefer "trusted" sources for them.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
That was the "I'll have to go hunt that down" part of my comment. :) I've seen a few links to it, but, none that I trust. I'm a bit finicky about where I get apk's from and prefer "trusted" sources for them.

Sorry, that question was out of shock - just haven't heard of any updates :)

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Sorry, that question was out of shock - just haven't heard of any updates :)

I knew it had been updated, but, I never got around to looking for it and forgot about it til it was just mentioned. The new features weren't compelling enough for me to rush out and find it, but, perhaps I should have grabbed the apk when I saw it posted the first time. Then again, maybe I did and never installed it. sigh. Nope, not in my droid folder. Let the hunt continue I guess. Whatever. :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm kind of keeping an eye on this thread to see if anything happens with FRG22D. If so, I might actually try this ROM. I haven't loaded a single ROM ever but I've heard nothing but good stuff about Sapphire.

OP
captdroid

captdroid

Reaction score
I'm kind of keeping an eye on this thread to see if anything happens with FRG22D. If so, I might actually try this ROM. I haven't loaded a single ROM ever but I've heard nothing but good stuff about Sapphire.

Just a matter of time until CVPCS releases Sapphire with FRG22D proprietaries which are already included in the Sapphire change log but not yet released for public consumption. Sapphire change log: CHANGELOG at froyo-gem from cvpcs's android_vendor_cvpcs - GitHub

Give it a try once the update is released with FRG22D stuff, you may be pleasantly surprised! :)

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

As long as you take the time to read all the nuances of installation (it's mostly straight forward if you understand that GAPPS are separate) you shouldn't have many problems with Sapphire. The updated version will be nice, but, I'm content with my phone on 1.0 for now. I know there are a few issues that have been fixed that really annoy some people. So once the update is out, I'm betting we see a truly phenomenal rom experience!

Firesong3k

Reaction score
Release question...

Sorry for the stupid question here but I've only had my D1 for the past month and I'm new to all this. I'm rooted running P3's FRG22 and I just have a couple questions...

Can I just install FRG22D right over without wiping?

and

Is this the correct order of release history ... FRG01b --> FRG22 --> FRG22D ??