OTA FRG22D stock release 8/24

OP
captdroid

captdroid

Reaction score
I recall cvpcs saying today that there wasn't much difference between these new props and the ones we have been using.

Yes but there could be bug fixes and improvements. And I seem to recall CVPCS saying there would not be an update of Sapphire with FRG22 so...

Heck if I want it bad enough I'll load up a rooted one which probably won't take long to post!

In any case, he has updated the props, so you'll get them. :)

Yes but I want them NOW.... wawawawa lol

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Oh no, not again! :D Anyway, the flash 10.1 final update from the market has been leaked all over the place, so, no big deal. I am, however, curious about the supposed "security updates" and what that means.

The 'security updates' could mean plugging some holes that can or are being exploited :icon_twisted:

I'm gonna start beating people! :p Yea, I get what a security update MEANS. I just am curious what the security issues might be. That's all. :)

OP
captdroid

captdroid

Reaction score
Oh no, not again! :D Anyway, the flash 10.1 final update from the market has been leaked all over the place, so, no big deal. I am, however, curious about the supposed "security updates" and what that means.

The 'security updates' could mean plugging some holes that can or are being exploited :icon_twisted:

I'm gonna start beating people! :p Yea, I get what a security update MEANS. I just am curious what the security issues might be. That's all. :)

Good luck getting that detail... lol And by the way security update can mean things other then 'plugging holes'. :)

10roller

Reaction score
OP
captdroid

captdroid

Reaction score
OP
captdroid

captdroid

Reaction score
Come on CVPCS give us a Sapphire release tomorrow 8/24. Please :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Only if it's ready. ;) The worst thing I can think of is a rushed release. That could sour people on the Sapphire experience. Just something to think about. :)

(That being said, I'd not be heart broken if it were released. :D)

wingdo

Reaction score
Come on CVPCS give us a Sapphire release tomorrow 8/24. Please :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Not gonna happen. I suspect there will be one more release just before he starts school for the fall (next Monday), so *maybe* over the weekend. Maybe.

1.0.0 works great for me and I am in no rush to upgrade just to have a newer release number.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Geez! What do you think? They are just pushing this out OTA, and you want the Sapphire incorporated one at the same time?

I suppose you want Honeycomb prior to Gingerbread too...

They'll get it out when it's out, no one is missing out on anything right now.

Or pay the gang more $$$, that might motivate them.

OP
captdroid

captdroid

Reaction score

Not gonna happen. I suspect there will be one more release just before he starts school for the fall (next Monday), so *maybe* over the weekend. Maybe.

1.0.0 works great for me and I am in no rush to upgrade just to have a newer release number.

That would be great! :)

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Geez! What do you think? They are just pushing this out OTA, and you want the Sapphire incorporated one at the same time?

The only thing Sapphire incorporates from these leaks are proprietary files, which are now included. They are synced up with AOSP and are thus as current as any leak could be, and usually more so. It doesn't take long to get a build released when cvpcs decides to do so, the big time driver is probably testing to make sure everything is working properly.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

The only thing Sapphire incorporates from these leaks are proprietary files, which are now included. They are synced up with AOSP and are thus as current as any leak could be, and usually more so. It doesn't take long to get a build released when cvpcs decides to do so, the big time driver is probably testing to make sure everything is working properly.

And that goes back to my comment about rushing it. Without proper testing, even minor changes could lead to unintended consequences. It's better to release it when it's ready than to rush it for some arbitrary reason. What we have, at least for a lot of us, is working extremely well. It'll be nice to have the new build when it's ready, but, given how well Sapphire 1.0 is working, it's not exactly critical right now. :)

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Agreed, and that's my point.

cvpcs isn't going to just release it on the same day, he's going to check it out first.

if he did, then all the better, but then you would have everyone complaing about what's broken, etc.

You can't win either way :)