OTA 2.2 possibly bricked my droid

Paintfumes

Reaction score
Got the 2.2 ota update @ noon today hit install phone rebooted then got stuck on M logo. Went into recovery did a wipe and reset then tried update zip. That didn't work, it says "signature verification failed installation aborted"

Took phone to local vzw store they said the problem is with the bootloader and they are sending me a new phone from the warehouse because my local stores are out of stock.

But I am currently stuck without a phone or access to my contacts. The only other thing I can get to is power on plus d-pad up and it says "bootloader 2c.7c, battery ok, ok to program, connect usb data cable.

Phone was rooted a long time ago but I went back to stock right before the 2.1 update came. If someone has an idea your help would be greatly appreciated, you don't realize how much you rely on your phone until you cant use it:icon_eek:

Thanks in advance.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You can't connect to RSDLite and reflash SPRecovery???

billygalbreath

Developer
Reaction score
If you can load up the bootloader (power + d-pad up) then you can flash the original 2.01 SBF and start over.

THE DROID IS IMPOSSIBLE TO BRICK

;)

OP
P

Paintfumes

Reaction score
If you can load up the bootloader (power + d-pad up) then you can flash the original 2.01 SBF and start over.

THE DROID IS IMPOSSIBLE TO BRICK

;)

How do I go about doing this? When I get to that screen it doesn't seem to respond to any buttons.

MbK: What is RSDLite? I really haven't been doing any research on the forums since I went back to stock a long time ago.

Thanks

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Oh you were stock...
Then let them just send you a new one... but I remeber that there is a way to do a factory reset from their bootloader... let me see if I can find the info

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Excuse me folks. OP is not rooted. RSD lite and SPRecovery will not help.

OP
P

Paintfumes

Reaction score
Thanks. I am going to accept the new one :) But it wont be here for atleast 2 days so I figured I would give fixing it a go.

billygalbreath

Developer
Reaction score
Download and install the SBF and RSDLite 4.6:
VZW_A855_ESD56_QSC6085BP_C_01.3E.01P_SW_UPDATE_03.sbf (.sbf file)
RSDLite4.6.msi (RSDLite 4.6)

Now Download the Moto Drivers. CHOOSE ONLY ONE OF THESE
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (32-bit Motorola USB Drivers)
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (64-bit Motorola USB Drivers)

Instructions:
1. Download all of the files above including the 32-bit OR 64-bit Motorola USB Drivers.
2. Install RSDLite 4.6 AND the 32-bit or 64-bit Motorola USB Drivers (Depends on your system most will need 32-bit some will need 64-bit)
3. Connect your phone to USB and turn it off then while your phone is booting hold UP on the DPAD.
4. Run RSD Lite 4.6 as Administrator (For all you Vista and 7 folks out there. If you are using XP you may not need to run as Administrator)
5. Click the "..." next to the filename box and browse to where you saved the .sbf file and double click the .sbf file.
6. Hit start and below it should give you completion progress and all of that.
7. Once your phone is done being flashed (It may take a while so don't unplug it) it will reboot and you will be back at stock 2.0.1 no root.
8. Done

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I remembering seeing this when my Droid's volume button broke and I had to return my Droid to stock without root in order to send it back to VZW.... but after returning it to 2.01, it wouldn't OTA back to 2.1, and the only other way was to use this method to install that OTA manually..if I remember right... anyways, this should reset everything and then allow you to boot and resync with your GMail..

Hard Reset Motorola Droid

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Exactly how long did you wait at the M logo?? It does take a while when you first reboot after the update. I waited 5 minutes at the M logo before it went.

OP
P

Paintfumes

Reaction score
I have done the hard reset a couple of times already and it hasn't worked. I am downloading the files to try RSDLite. Ill post up after I try that.

Thanks

Ps: I waited over an hour on the M logo the first time.

billygalbreath

Developer
Reaction score
Excuse me folks. OP is not rooted. RSD lite and SPRecovery will not help.

RSDLite flashes even on non-rooted devices... K Thnx :D
But that leaves his Droid with SPRecovery, no?... and then he'd be sending it back to VZW that way... no?

No. The 2.01 SBF is the STOCK 2.01, no root, with STOCK recovery, and STOCK bootloader...

Flashing this SBF will put his phone exactly how it was as if he bought bought it in November 2009...

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have done the hard reset a couple of times already and it hasn't worked. I am downloading the files to try RSDLite. Ill post up after I try that.

Thanks

Ps: I waited over an hour on the M logo the first time.
Then RSDLite to flash seems to be your way to access your phone for the next two days.... as long as RSDLite can see your Droid that is... good luck

Last edited: