Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Look around; every ROM has something different to offer.

For example, Simply Stunning offers stock scripts that do things you otherwise need apps to do. MIUI offers a totally new, iPhone-like interface. Ultimate Droid offers amazing community support and a new set of bugs in every release. Look round, see what they offer, and try one.

speedfreeq

Reaction score
can you recommend me a rom? so many idk what to pick

Recommend you leave it stock until the Mountain Dew wears off & you can sit still long enough to do your research. There's tons of good info on this very forum that answers IN DEPTH all the questions you keep asking.

-from my 1.1 GHz PEv4 Droid

OP
A

astrokid14

Reaction score
wait so i got these two confused to install the rom i install the rom from sd card specifically for roms? but when i install the theme how do i do that? do i got from recovery and install it from their? but i thought i need a certain rom for specific bugless_evolution_v8 theme

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
wait so i got these two confused to install the rom i install the rom from sd card specifically for roms? but when i install the theme how do i do that? do i got from recovery and install it from their? but i thought i need a certain rom for specific bugless_evolution_v8 theme

If you want bugless evulution V8 find what ROM it is made for, what version of bugless beast, and flash the ROM first. Then flash the theme. You can do either in recovery or through ROM manager.

Sent from somewhere...

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Kid -- Can I call you kid? Or would you prefer Astro? -- I have some suggestions for you. First off, slow down. It's obvious you're not ready for this level of phone hacking quite yet, but if you got RSD Lite figured out then you're well on your way. This part of it is as simple as hacking gets, and ROM Manager, which I despise, is designed to simplify and streamline things. If it's confusing you then you need to do a lot more reading, and probably get rid of it altogether.

The reason why I'm suggesting this is you've already come very close to bricking your phone. Even with insurance, that's a VERY expensive proposition to replace. Last I knew, top-tier Android phones are going for around $500-600 each. I don't want to see that broken, and I know you don't want to see it broken either.

Having said all that, take a deep breath, reread this thread, and then ask any questions you have. We all will try to get you through the ROM and theme flashes together. :)

OP
A

astrokid14

Reaction score
Kid -- Can I call you kid? Or would you prefer Astro? -- I have some suggestions for you. First off, slow down. It's obvious you're not ready for this level of phone hacking quite yet, but if you got RSD Lite figured out then you're well on your way. This part of it is as simple as hacking gets, and ROM Manager, which I despise, is designed to simplify and streamline things. If it's confusing you then you need to do a lot more reading, and probably get rid of it altogether.

The reason why I'm suggesting this is you've already come very close to bricking your phone. Even with insurance, that's a VERY expensive proposition to replace. Last I knew, top-tier Android phones are going for around $500-600 each. I don't want to see that broken, and I know you don't want to see it broken either.

Having said all that, take a deep breath, reread this thread, and then ask any questions you have. We all will try to get you through the ROM and theme flashes together. :)

yeah I did read, but the site is huge i even youtubed how to do this and that most applications weren't even available. Problem is everyone had different techniques I was just confused with everything. One person even in a thread said wiping is not even necessary and reading this thread someone also said stick with the stock rom, but another one said find the rom that works with this certain theme. call me kid :)

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79

yeah I did read, but the site is huge i even youtubed how to do this and that most applications weren't even available. Problem is everyone had different techniques I was just confused with everything. One person even in a thread said wiping is not even necessary and reading this thread someone also said stick with the stock rom, but another one said find the rom that works with this certain theme. call me kid :)

Well don't feel bad. It is a lot of information to take it, and there a lot of outdated info out there as well.

Wiping is a "best practice" thing. It makes for a clean install.

As far as what ROM. Its your phone. Do what you want. We will help you get there. Don't worry.

Sent from somewhere...

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Okay, Kid. Take a deep breath. Hold it for a second, count to ten, and whatever you do don't think of a pink elephant. Now let it out while NOT thinking of pink elephants. Pink elephants are bad, okay? So don't think of any. If you do, this won't work. ;)

Now that you're a bit more relaxed, or have at least chuckled or cursed me, think for a moment and then tell me what you want to get out of this. A ROMed and themed Droid? We'll get you there. :)

But take that moment to still yourself or you might jump ahead or miss something important.

Anyone who tells you not to wipe between ROM installs has been very, very lucky, or is just plain bullheaded. The only time you don't need to wipe between ROMs is if you're moving in incremental steps on an existing ROM. What do I mean? CyanogenMod has what are called nightlies -- as long as you're coming from a CM 6.X ROM install you don't need to wipe before you install one of the 6.X-based nightlies. A nightly is a new build of the ROM (or app) with all the new code compiled in. Since they're released on average of every 24 hours and after the coders have finished for the day, nightly fits quite well. :)

So, what is it you want so we can get you moving in the right direction and make sure you have the right tools.

OP
A

astrokid14

Reaction score
wait soo to install the bugless evolution v8 theme i need a rom first required? or if not can you tell me the steps toward installing this theme i just dont understand why youtube videos posted not to wipe between and all that stuff

Themes are made to work for certain ROMs. To aply the theme you first need the ROM its designed for. You wipe data and cache before the ROM install NOT before a theme install.
So steps are.
Make a backup
Wipe data/cache
Install ROM
Make a backup
Install theme.

Sent from somewhere...

okay guys so lets see i made a backup *
wipe data/cache*
now my apps are erased and i need to download recovery once again -_- so maybe ill skip that step and just install the rom

OP
A

astrokid14

Reaction score
-_- its loop again i fail....back to step 1
so results are i downloaded bugless beast....from http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bugless/82857-rom-stable-bugless-beast-v0-5-android-2-2-frg22d.html
went from the rom manager to install the rom but it said file couldn't be found so i installed it from recovery and it looked perfectly fine it said installing and had all these codes sayins Bugless Evolution in a box then i reboot it
i had hope when i started seeing a different animation.....ahh maybe ill use a different rom

-------
im able to go clockworkmod X_X now what

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
so results are i downloaded bugless beast....from http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bugless/82857-rom-stable-bugless-beast-v0-5-android-2-2-frg22d.html
went from the rom manager to install the rom but it said file couldn't be found so i installed it from recovery and it looked perfectly fine it said installing and had all these codes sayins Bugless Evolution in a box then i reboot it
i had hope when i started seeing a different animation.....ahh maybe ill use a different rom

-------

Do a full wipe and install the latest version of the ROM (tip: it's not .5), this time following the install instructions. If you'd paid attention to that thread you'd have seen the proper install instructions were laid out for you.

Bugless Beast is a beast to install.

OP
A

astrokid14

Reaction score

-------

Do a full wipe and install the latest version of the ROM (tip: it's not .5), this time following the install instructions. If you'd paid attention to that thread you'd have seen the proper install instructions were laid out for you.

Bugless Beast is a beast to install.

oh on the forum it said
"- Optimized to work with Bugless Beast V0.5"