Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
You used ROM Manager. That's how you messed up in the first place. Screwing around in recovery without knowing what to do is how you bricked it. Now you know better, so no real harm done, right? :)

This came from my brain by way of my finger and my phone. Don't ask where any of them have been. Especially the brain.

OP
A

astrokid14

Reaction score
okay...hah so many attempts flashing this phone trying to download the theme...so rom manager i shouldn't use...??? im able to flash it then back it up...but when installing the theme it bricks the droid?? IM LOST =[ im trying to install the bugless evolution v8 its in zip file i dragged it in my sd card something wrong?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
okay...hah so many attempts flashing this phone trying to download the theme...so rom manager i shouldn't use...??? im able to flash it then back it up...but when installing the theme it bricks the droid?? IM LOST =[ im trying to install the bugless evolution v8 its in zip file i dragged it in my sd card something wrong?

First off, are you doing a factory reset before installing a ROM? Secondly, are you installing a theme specifically designed for your ROM?

FBM,
You mentioned your Twitter handle a couple weeks ago; but, I didn't see the spelling. Is it "Furbearingvarmit?" Duh.
-Victoria

Nibblit, it's @furryvarmint over on the tweety-twit-twit thingie.

OP
A

astrokid14

Reaction score

First off, are you doing a factory reset before installing a ROM? Secondly, are you installing a theme specifically designed for your ROM?

a factory reset? i dont get it...and installing a theme for my rom? i thought i was able to install any theme as long as its rooted....

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
You have to wipe between ROMs or you'll bootloop and you have to install themes for the ROMs they were designed for, unless you're installing a metamorph or ninjamorph theme, and then you're doing it manually.

OP
A

astrokid14

Reaction score
wipe between roms? umm whats a good rom for the bugless beast? and how do i install these roms? the thing is its allready rooted ...guessing i also need kearnels? im confused...sorry for the trouble but thanks for your support

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
I am not a fan of Bugless Beast. Too long a history of bugs, tricky installs, and update notices even after the "fix" was applied. As such I can't recommend anything for it. As for a theme, you'll have to decide that for yourself. My taste in what looks good is probably quite different from your taste. :)

OP
A

astrokid14

Reaction score
wait soo to install the bugless evolution v8 theme i need a rom first required? or if not can you tell me the steps toward installing this theme i just dont understand why youtube videos posted not to wipe between and all that stuff

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
wait soo to install the bugless evolution v8 theme i need a rom first required? or if not can you tell me the steps toward installing this theme i just dont understand why youtube videos posted not to wipe between and all that stuff

Themes are made to work for certain ROMs. To aply the theme you first need the ROM its designed for. You wipe data and cache before the ROM install NOT before a theme install.
So steps are.
Make a backup
Wipe data/cache
Install ROM
Make a backup
Install theme.

Sent from somewhere...

speedfreeq

Reaction score

You. Can. Only. Install. Themes. Over. The. ROMs. They. Were. Created. For.

You. Must. First. Flash. A. ROM.

Any. ROM. You. Like. For. YOUR. DEVICE.

Do. That. FIRST.

Then. (IF. Successful.) Pick. A. Theme. FOR. THAT. ROM. ONLY.

Carry on.

-from my 1.1 GHz PEv4 Droid

OP
A

astrokid14

Reaction score
okay sounds great when installing the theme do i do it from the recovery or in rom manager? and do i name it as update.zip?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
You can do it through ROM manager, and you don't have to rename things to update.zip. that's only in sprecovery. ROM manager uses Clockwork recovery which allows any name for .zips

Also. Make sure the theme is for the ROM. If they don't match you'll get boot loops.
Sent from somewhere...

OP
A

astrokid14

Reaction score
can you recommend me a rom? so many idk what to pick

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Well....to be honest I don't recommend ROMs. They all run different for different phones. Same with kernels. I suggest trying a few and see what you like.

Sent from somewhere...