Bricked (?) Help

d27will

Reaction score
Ok, to start with I will say that I have not rooted, or done anything non-stock to my Moto Droid. A couple of nights ago, it just went into airplane mode and would not come out of it no matter what way I went about trying to turn it off (hold power button, settings menu). I finally just tried to restart it and got a Bootloader 2C.7C screen with the typical text of a BL screen. If I restarted it several times, it would load back up, but still with the airplane mode on. After doing some reading online, I decided to take my phone into a Verizon store to have them reflash it. They refused, saying that they couldn't do anything with a rooted phone and the only way to get a Bootloader screen was to have rooted. As I mentioned above, I have not. So I came home and did some more research online and found that I could reflash it myself. I have now tried that using RSD Lite 4.6 with this sbf:
VZW_A855_ESD56_QSC6085BP_C_01.3E.01P_SW_UPDATE_03.sbf
It appeared to work, and I was able to reactivate my phone and start using it. It went through some updates while I was reinstalling some of my apps. After about an hour and several updates (not sure which the last one was) it is right back to doing what it did before with the Bootloader 2C.7C and airplane mode on with no way to turn it off. Any ideas on what I can do to fix it? Is it a hopeless endeavor? Any help would be greatly appreciated....

lerit50

Reaction score
Ok, to start with I will say that I have not rooted, or done anything non-stock to my Moto Droid. A couple of nights ago, it just went into airplane mode and would not come out of it no matter what way I went about trying to turn it off (hold power button, settings menu). I finally just tried to restart it and got a Bootloader 2C.7C screen with the typical text of a BL screen. If I restarted it several times, it would load back up, but still with the airplane mode on. After doing some reading online, I decided to take my phone into a Verizon store to have them reflash it. They refused, saying that they couldn't do anything with a rooted phone and the only way to get a Bootloader screen was to have rooted. As I mentioned above, I have not. So I came home and did some more research online and found that I could reflash it myself. I have now tried that using RSD Lite 4.6 with this sbf:
VZW_A855_ESD56_QSC6085BP_C_01.3E.01P_SW_UPDATE_03.sbf
It appeared to work, and I was able to reactivate my phone and start using it. It went through some updates while I was reinstalling some of my apps. After about an hour and several updates (not sure which the last one was) it is right back to doing what it did before with the Bootloader 2C.7C and airplane mode on with no way to turn it off. Any ideas on what I can do to fix it? Is it a hopeless endeavor? Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Um.. you can reach the bootloader anytime, not just when rooted. Verizon is dumb. Call in and ask for a replacement. Because the bootloader can be reached by simply powering on the phone while holding up on the dpad ANYTIME YOU WANT TO. The person you spoke to didn't have a clue obviously and I would just call in and talk with a rep. If you get the same answer from the person on the phone, call in again and say that whatever you do your phone won't exit airplane mode and they'll send you a replacement.

But goodluck with the replacements. I got 4 of them before being switched to a d2 and they were all faulty.

Report back if this worked.

Comin' atcha from my fission'ed d2g

kenbarnum

Reaction score
Can't think of an app that could cause this so this may not be a fix but I would try deleting all the downloaded apps and reinstalling them one at a time.
Can't hurt!