OFFICIAL FRG22D OTA patch is here. DOWNLOAD NOW!

Eddiejt

Reaction score
I downloaded and applied this update. I immediately went to the market and Flash was showing up. Downloaded it. works great. better than the BETA version. Whichever patch VZW decides to push OTA is not going to matter to me. Now I have 2 Original droids, one stock and one rooted with the same phone number. lol

Dolfan

Reaction score
I downloaded and installed the FRG22D patch to my Droid lastnight, so far everything seems to run fine, have went to the market and downloaded the Flash 10.1 player it did show in the market after the patch install like everyone stated it would, hoping battey life is somewhat better, will see..

Bob

astaccz

Reaction score
I use an app to root without using rsd lite. Its an app call universal androot. It worked on frg01b but I went back stock ota up to frg22d and tried the app universal androot and it failed. Looks like they fixed the exploit. They didn't add that to the changelog lol

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

dwoid

Reaction score
Yes, the only people who have successfully rooted this OP's patch version of FRG22D have done so manually. Check back a few pages back in this thread and you'll find some references to the instructions. They do work.

Keep in mind, if you don't also install a custom recovery, you won't be able to backup your rooted environment, you won't be able to flash different kernels, and you won't be able to prevent an OTA from overwriting your work.

dwoid

Reaction score
-- And...

This OP's patch version of FRG22D will overwrite custom recovery programs with the stock recovery program unless that functionality is subverted. Those instructions also are in this thread back a few pages.

astaccz

Reaction score
@dwoid thanks for directing me to that info. Can't wait to use a custom kernel on this bad boy. Looks lile they are trying their best to stop people from rooting. Thanks to da awesome ppl like moto, it will never happen.

oshizo

Reaction score
well i'm a dumb arse i forgot to unroot my phone before i installed the patch. so i'm sure it uninstalled root wich is fine only used it to overclock anyways. guess i'll have to wait for a new easy root or whatever i did it the old way first pain in the patuttie. pay attention next time... works great though i uninstalled the beta flash, and got the new one off of the marketplace. seems to be a smidge better.

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
I use an app to root without using rsd lite. Its an app call universal androot. It worked on frg01b but I went back stock ota up to frg22d and tried the app universal androot and it failed. Looks like they fixed the exploit. They didn't add that to the changelog lol

I assumed the exploit was fixed so I uninstalled Easy Root since it no longer works anyway.
Best thing anyone who roots can do for themselves is to learn how to use RSDLite as that can fix problems if the phone gets bricked or something goes wrong.
If you root via Easy Root or Androot and do not take the time to understand how the system works which is pretty tough to do when it's done automatically if you do have a bad rooting experience you will need to know the RSDLight way anyway. It's much easier to learn RSD on a working phone than one that has been borked already.

themuttt

Reaction score
applied patch this morning to unrooted droid, the initial bootup took longer than expected and Launcherpro forced closed when it first came up, but since that, everything has worked smoothly, including getting flash from the Market. Props to this place for never having to wait for an OTA to be sent to get up to the latest

Shanged

Reaction score
Since FRG01b I've had some serious redraw lag. This looks like a small update, any chance it addresses the issue?

Iowaberg

Reaction score
can anyone help me out? I've done the install every which way but it still says I'm on FRG01

Insult2Injury

Reaction score
If it says update went correctly and is not working, just re download the update and run it again