OFFICIAL FRG22D OTA patch is here. DOWNLOAD NOW!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Really? Has anyone received 22D as an OTA yet?

Okay -- once more with feeling:) -- has anyone actually gotten the 22D update OVER-THE-AIR yet?????

In this case we can say absolutely because this patch came from the OTA. there is no other way we could have obtained it, as it's not a leak.

Now we know for a fact that the OTA's started yesterday but just like any other distribution this is going to take some time starting slowly at first and picking up steam as we go along.

I'm kind of curious to see if the update hit's my rooted Droid. I tried to install the manual one and SPRecovery said no way.

Sal

Reaction score
Really? Has anyone received 22D as an OTA yet?

Okay -- once more with feeling:) -- has anyone actually gotten the 22D update OVER-THE-AIR yet?????

In this case we can say absolutely because this patch came from the OTA. there is no other way we could have obtained it, as it's not a leak.

Now we know for a fact that the OTA's started yesterday but just like any other distribution this is going to take some time starting slowly at first and picking up steam as we go along.

I'm kind of curious to see if the update hit's my rooted Droid. I tried to install the manual one and SPRecovery said no way.

I'm just curious because I like to know when it starts coming in earnest, what problems -- if any -- with the download, etc. Also I like to keep my battery changed up more during an OTA wave...guess I don't need to worry about that just yet, not until I start seeing a few folks telling us here that they've gotten it.

Chocula78

Reaction score
Updated to frg22!

But I still can't find Flash in the market. WTF?

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Well after a little time and research I am rooted with FRG22D. If anyone else runs into the same issue as I (lost root when you manually installed the OTA today) and would like to root again I high recommend the thread from motoCache1 located here;

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html

It was very helpful and I still have a completely 'stock' root, which is all I wanted. setCPU and wireless tether are working like a champ! :icon_ banana:

Just did this as well and worked as advertised. Used EasyRoot the first time to root. This is the first time I have done it myself. Quick and easy.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Since FRG01b I've had some serious redraw lag. This looks like a small update, any chance it addresses the issue?

same here....curious if there is a patch in the update for this.

Don't think this patch addresses the lag problem. Just a security and Flash update AFAIK. The thread below fixed my lag problem. It is written about LauncherPro, but should work for any launcher. You need to be rooted.

LauncherPro Forum • View topic - Fixed Launcher Pro lag when returning to home screen

Chocula78

Reaction score
Figured out how to find Flash player since it WASN'T coming up in my Android market searches. Flash Showcase kept showing up, so I opened its page in the market and then clicked the link to take me to Adobe's developer page in the market. Bam! Flash Player 10.1 at the top!

colorfulRhyme

Reaction score
Yet again, I'm gonna wait for the OTA... just incase.
I'm already battling my mother repetitively asking why her battery life sucks (she only gets half a day now, with 2.1 she was fine)... I'm ready to leave now lol.

Iowaberg

Reaction score
After numerous attempts at trying to use my laptop to transfer the file I used one of the download methods directly to my Droid. The install went ok now, but my build still says FRG01B. I've powered my phone off 3 times and still no FRG22D or no flash.

I've tried updating via the PC and on my phone. Both seem to go ok until I look at my build and it still says I'm on FRG01B. I've done a reboot several times and redownloaded the file at least 8 times. What am I doing wrong?

vonfink13

Reaction score
i found that i had to go into the root and downloads sections of astro and delete all the previous update.zip files..and i used the google dl site and just renamed the file update.zip and now i have FRG22D and flash..also..dont forget to go into your manage apps area and clear the data and cache from the market app....

TheOldFart

Reaction score
After numerous attempts at trying to use my laptop to transfer the file I used one of the download methods directly to my Droid. The install went ok now, but my build still says FRG01B. I've powered my phone off 3 times and still no FRG22D or no flash.

I've tried updating via the PC and on my phone. Both seem to go ok until I look at my build and it still says I'm on FRG01B. I've done a reboot several times and redownloaded the file at least 8 times. What am I doing wrong?

Are you following the directions in this link that was given in the OP?

[How-To] Force the Official Android 2.2 Froyo Update for the Motrola Droid (FRG01B | Update 1 of 2) - Android Forums

Once you have downloaded the file, rename it and move it to the SD root. Start with direction 3 in the above link. It worked fine for me and Adobe Flash 10.1 was in the market right away. Flash is still slow though, at least the CNN videos.

hjpt

Reaction score
Figured out how to find Flash player since it WASN'T coming up in my Android market searches. Flash Showcase kept showing up, so I opened its page in the market and then clicked the link to take me to Adobe's developer page in the market. Bam! Flash Player 10.1 at the top!

I tried the same thing, with no luck. Going through m.flash.com shows a link to download the player which brings me back to the market. However, when the market comes up a pop up says "The requested item could not be found".

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Since FRG01b I've had some serious redraw lag. This looks like a small update, any chance it addresses the issue?

same here....curious if there is a patch in the update for this.

Don't think this patch addresses the lag problem. Just a security and Flash update AFAIK. The thread below fixed my lag problem. It is written about LauncherPro, but should work for any launcher. You need to be rooted.

LauncherPro Forum • View topic - Fixed Launcher Pro lag when returning to home screen

I can confirm that it did not improve the lag, at least not on my Droid. However, I can live with it as a trade-off for the 5 screens. Speaking of 5 screens, my wife got an Ally yesterday. It has 2.1, Rev 1 and there are 5 screens. That was a nice surprise.

Shanged

Reaction score
Been trying to do a manual install, but when I try to DL directly to the Droid, it says "Cannot download. The content is not supported on this phone." Have tried multiple sources, and I belive I've done it this way before (FRG01b)

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint

Manually install the larger FRG01B update file:

http://androidoverdrive.com/pete/OEM/9046f5a3ec09.signed-voles-ota-45394.zip

As has been said until the words are ashes in my mouth and my keyboard is so sore it's trying to bite me every time I hit the F key, this fixes 90+% of the lag, force-close, and stability issues with the FRG01B installs. This applies to you and everyone else having this problem. Once that is installed, then manually install the update from the OP and VIOLA! you not only have a current phone, you'll be the first kid on your block to have it. Even the cool kids will be jealous.

But I still can't find Flash in the market. WTF?

A reboot usually fixes that for some reason. If that doesn't work, make absolutely sure you're running 22D and then try clearing your market's cache and data.

Yet again, I'm gonna wait for the OTA... just incase.
I'm already battling my mother repetitively asking why her battery life sucks (she only gets half a day now, with 2.1 she was fine)... I'm ready to leave now lol.

Have you tried letting her battery run down until the phone shuts off, then charging it up for 2 hours on a wall charger? I ask because the phone gets confused over battery charge levels/states and sometimes you have to cycle the phone to get it to relearn the proper levels.

Darn things's so smart it learns things too easily. Gets confuses. :)