OFFICIAL FRG22D OTA patch is here. DOWNLOAD NOW!

Iowaberg

Reaction score
After numerous attempts at trying to use my laptop to transfer the file I used one of the download methods directly to my Droid. The install went ok now, but my build still says FRG01B. I've powered my phone off 3 times and still no FRG22D or no flash.

I've tried updating via the PC and on my phone. Both seem to go ok until I look at my build and it still says I'm on FRG01B. I've done a reboot several times and redownloaded the file at least 8 times. What am I doing wrong?

Are you following the directions in this link that was given in the OP?

[How-To] Force the Official Android 2.2 Froyo Update for the Motrola Droid (FRG01B | Update 1 of 2) - Android Forums

Once you have downloaded the file, rename it and move it to the SD root. Start with direction 3 in the above link. It worked fine for me and Adobe Flash 10.1 was in the market right away. Flash is still slow though, at least the CNN videos.

Woo hoo! I FINALLY got it! Stpuid me wasn't renaming the file to update.zip. Thanks guys!

Iowaberg

Reaction score
I've tried updating via the PC and on my phone. Both seem to go ok until I look at my build and it still says I'm on FRG01B. I've done a reboot several times and redownloaded the file at least 8 times. What am I doing wrong?

[How-To] Force the Official Android 2.2 Froyo Update for the Motrola Droid (FRG01B | Update 1 of 2) - Android Forums

Once you have downloaded the file, rename it and move it to the SD root. Start with direction 3 in the above link. It worked fine for me and Adobe Flash 10.1 was in the market right away. Flash is still slow though, at least the CNN videos.

Woo hoo! I FINALLY got it! Stpuid me wasn't renaming the file to update.zip. Thanks guys!

Two questions now that I have flash.
1. When I go to m.flash.com using Opera Mini browser I get an Adobe message saying it is not supported. Do I always need to use the stock browser now if I want to view Flash?
2. I now have the 'Low on space' message in my notifications bar saying 'Phone storageis getting low' Can I delete the update.zip file folder from my sd card now or remove thins from my phone's internal memory? I can't seem to get rid of this notification. I really don't want to delete anything if I don't have to.

hjpt

Reaction score
Figured out how to find Flash player since it WASN'T coming up in my Android market searches. Flash Showcase kept showing up, so I opened its page in the market and then clicked the link to take me to Adobe's developer page in the market. Bam! Flash Player 10.1 at the top!

I tried the same thing, with no luck. Going through m.flash.com shows a link to download the player which brings me back to the market. However, when the market comes up a pop up says "The requested item could not be found".

Update - the site must have just been down when I tried before. Flash 10.1 is available in the market.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score

1. When I go to m.flash.com using Opera Mini browser I get an Adobe message saying it is not supported. Do I always need to use the stock browser now if I want to view Flash?
2. I now have the 'Low on space' message in my notifications bar saying 'Phone storageis getting low' Can I delete the update.zip file folder from my sd card now or remove thins from my phone's internal memory? I can't seem to get rid of this notification. I really don't want to delete anything if I don't have to.

1. Don't know if Opera Mini supports Flash. Works fin in Dolphin HD.

2. You can (and should) delete the update.zip from the SD card after installing it. However, the message probably is regarding your internal memory. Do you have a lot of apps installed? If so try using moving some of your bigger apps to the SD card. An app called apps2sd can help with this process.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint

1, Opera might not have the flash plugin enabled. Try the stock browser.

2, Move as many apps as you can to the SD card, delete any apps you're not using.

MrEWorm

Reaction score
I upgraded to the 22D build but flash still says"Requested item could not be found"

srgdrum

Reaction score
Help!

I've been trying to update FRG01B to 22Dand I'm having trouble. I have the update in my downloads folder and have renamed it to update.zip. My troubles start when trying to copy the update to the root folder using Astro File Manager. I can copy the file but when I try to use the paste function nothing happens. Actually all the edit functions are grayed out?

I've tried Move with similar results.

I must be making some kind of elementary error. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Insult2Injury

Reaction score
I've been trying to update FRG01B to 22Dand I'm having trouble. I have the update in my downloads folder and have renamed it to update.zip. My troubles start when trying to copy the update to the root folder using Astro File Manager. I can copy the file but when I try to use the paste function nothing happens. Actually all the edit functions are grayed out?

I must be making some kind of elementary error. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Plug it into PC and do it manually? More of a work around rather than a fix but hey

srgdrum

Reaction score

Thanks!

Plug it into PC and do it manually? More of a work around rather than a fix but hey

I may do that when I get home. Haven't got the USB cable with me at work. Seems odd that Astro isn't working for me though. Like I said I must be doing something wrong but I can't figure it out. I am a Droid n00b of course but the process seems pretty straight forward.

pilot25

Reaction score
Works great. Just don't name it update.zip. Name it update. This happens every time there is a patch and all the dorks have to tell you to name it update.zip because that's technically correct. You end up naming it update.zip.zip

REMilk

Reaction score
Works great. Just don't name it update.zip. Name it update. This happens every time there is a patch and all the dorks have to tell you to name it update.zip because that's technically correct. You end up naming it update.zip.zip

I always rename these updates to update.zip. I have never had the name become update.zip.zip.

So not only technically, but in actuality, I am correct!

Bob

R Droid

Reaction score
The renaming was what I was doing wrong. After naming the patch "update" it loaded and installed with no problems. Now I'm up to 2.2 and flash showed up in the Market.
Thanks everyone. dancedroid

srgdrum

Reaction score
Hm. If I don't name it update.zip I get a prompt saying I'm changing the application extension and it becomes an unknown file type.

Seems no matter what I do I can't paste anything to the /root directory. It says (Directory is empty) too. This doesn't seem right.

R Droid

Reaction score
Turn on details and when you rename, just change up to the .zip

Are you sure you are looking at the SD card root directory?

srgdrum

Reaction score
Turn on details and when you rename, just change up to the .zip

Are you sure you are looking at the SD card root directory?

Perhaps thisis what's screwing me up. I press the Up one level arrow in astro and I'm in the /sdcard but I don't have a root directory? Where do I copy the update file?