"Official"? Bionic battery life thread

wooddale

Reaction score
Im getting terrible battery use I checked batt stats it always says most my power going when phone is on standby WTF does that mean and how can I stop it. Im sure I got something set wrong

jt122333221

Reaction score
Im getting terrible battery use I checked batt stats it always says most my power going when phone is on standby WTF does that mean and how can I stop it. Im sure I got something set wrong

I would recommend using the included Battery manager. I had mine set to Maximum for a while and noticed a huge drop in battery usage.

P.S. > I picked mine up about a week ago. It's so far worked really well, and the battery lasts longer than my OG Droid did (The battery was *shot* with that phone though). I'd say I can get a good 12-14 hours out of my phone now. This is with moderate usage of apps such as YouTube, Netflix, Minimalistic Text/Tasker, and of course, the web. I have WiFi, in my house, but I've found that the connection is quicker with the 4G. The phone is extremely responsive. I had originally rooted it, but had issues with the WiFi tethering. I wish I would have left the apps frozen though. WAAAYY too much bloat.

bmwnick

Reaction score
i installed juice defender Ultimate today was 1st full day where norm was getting about 8 hrs (i use alot) at 12 hr mark over 65% full HUGE improvement I also added super task killer those 2 changes helped alot

moset

Reaction score
Got extended battery and on the first charge cycle I got 16 hours with 5 hours display on.
It's much heavier but it feels good in hand.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Even though I never really had battery issues, I've started using "Auto WiFi toggle" and Juice Defender with great results. Took me a minute to figure out how the auto wifi toggle worked, but now that I got it, it's perfect. Turns wifi off if not in an area you have a wifi connection and back on once you do. Can't say which one had the most impact since I started using both at once but still an improvement.

Really shocks me some of the results I hear about battery life. I'm AT LEAST a moderate user. Using stock battery (though I have an extended). 3-4 hours of music a day, 20-50 texts, 5-45 minutes of phone calls and AT LEAST 2 hours worth of heavy browsing/gaming/market searching/tinkering. Usually after about 14 hours of use I'm at 30-40%. Then I'll use kindle at the end of the night to bring my battery down, which gives me a good 3-4 hours of reading.

Just find it weird that people who's description sounds like fairly light usage are going from 100-50 in 2 hours. Must have been a bad batch of batteries released with the phone, and maybe they knew about it, hence the major extended battery discount.

jhom

Reaction score
I just got over 25 hours on a single charge with a standard battery. I would consider myself a light to moderate user. I would have likely gotten more use except for the fact that I forced battery use with about an hour and a half of netflix at the end.

Psychlone

Reaction score
UltimateDefender/JuiceDefender Ultimate (paid) = 30 hours so far, and not completely dead with 15% remaining... but it's bedtime and I'll swap out the battery for my secondary (stock, not extended) in the morning.

I was trying to tell you guys how good it was working, but there's my proof... it took some tweaking of the program and a few complete discharges, but I'm now almost back to where my old D1 left off, only with a MUCH cooler phone!

Reaction score

I don't know for sure buyer my understanding is that even in standby, the phone is constantly checking for service and thief helps to drain three battery, especially if you have push notifications on and data sync. I think changing your battery saver settings to something like, stop syncing or disable data after 15 minutes of idle time, may help.

Jaycea22

Reaction score
UltimateDefender/JuiceDefender Ultimate (paid) = 30 hours so far, and not completely dead with 15% remaining... but it's bedtime and I'll swap out the battery for my secondary (stock, not extended) in the morning.

I was trying to tell you guys how good it was working, but there's my proof... it took some tweaking of the program and a few complete discharges, but I'm now almost back to where my old D1 left off, only with a MUCH cooler phone!

What exactly are your tweaks for JD/UJ? Are you on a balanced profile? If you don't mind sharing.

Schoeney

Reaction score
Just installed my fully charged extended battery($25 from VZ) this morning. Will report results after a week or so of usage, Physically I can hardley notice the difference because the standard VZ belt case and cover were made to accomodate the extended battery as well so you really cant tell.

I think VZ/Moto made a mistake by not making the extended battery the standard battery sold with the phone. A 4G LTE phone with good battery life is rare.

Last edited:

BuckyN8

Reaction score
I was impressed with my extended battery, but now I just turn off some features and the stock battery will last me all day with no problems.

Psychlone

Reaction score
What exactly are your tweaks for JD/UJ? Are you on a balanced profile? If you don't mind sharing.

I *WILL* get back to you on this, but real quick, what I did after purchasing Ultimate, I just did 3 complete power cycles (run it till it's completely dead, charge to full and use the phone like it would normally be used throughout the day)
After 3 power cycles with UJ/JD in "Balanced" mode, I did some fine-tuning, but I'm now doing a completely different approach and just testing the Aggressive setting for a couple days to compare.

Keep in mind that EVERYTHING that I do is being logged by JuicePlotter and on paper journal so that I'm actually doing a good comparison... so far, the Aggressive setting has worked almost exactly as well as my tweaked settings, but time will tell... I've got at least 1 more day (1 more full cycle after today) and I'll poll all the logs and journal entries and do a side-by-side comparison.

Renae

Reaction score
Just got my extended battery today and am charging it up. The verizon rep was an idiot. I asked if they were still half off, and he said he would check. came back saying that extended ones were only ten dollars off and my total would be forty bucks. Got the package today, receipt shows it was still half off.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk