Official Battery Life thread

buckfill

Reaction score
Just an update.... I'm off the charger for 15 hours and 18 minutes.... 50% left. VERY impressed. I'm a heavy user as far as text and voice. I don't stream videos or play games. I did have an hour of Pandora at the gym. This phone has been a total "PASS" for today. Previous threads say that battery life will get better. Even if it doesn't I'm so stoked to start at 0730 and go to bed at 1100p with 50% left. Very happy here...

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
1 st charge and after 12 hours I'm at 51% with pretty heavy usage. This battery is a beast and will get better.

Hockey

Reaction score
It charged fully minutes after my post at 710pm.

I have been using it quite a bit since then. Browsing the internet. Texting. Multiple phone calls. A few YouTube videos. Rearranged everything on the phone. Removed unwanted crap from menu. Surfed Reddit some. Used Maps and Lattitude as usual. Downloaded a few things. Full brightness. 4Glte with it dropping to 3g every now and then. WiFi was on for a few, and back off. WeatherBug running live.

50% as of the post time

:gotmyvote:

IamSam

Reaction score
Battery life is amazing, longevity almost as good as those nokia phones from the 20th century,

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Hockey

Reaction score
Charged fully at 715ish pm yesterday...as my post above stated I did all the following....later after I got off work I checked my gmail probably 10+ times to find out I'm still lonely. Facebook a few times. Texting and calls.

14.5 hours of moderate to heavy heavy use....down to 20%

Love it!

Reaction score
just ordered this today! looking forward to the battery life. hope it's as good as everyone says and that it'll improve even more after about a week.

cdd543

Reaction score
Yesterday after first charge I took it off at 7am and when I put it back on at 1am it was at 40%. AWESOME! I was only on wifi for about 4 hours of the day and the rest was 4g. Had some Bluetooth audio streaming as well.

DocsDad

Reaction score
Seriously impressed with battery. Heavy data use for several hours today on 4G (wifi off and 25% display). I am at 14 hours and just rolled to 40% battery remaining. Definitely an ALL Day battery. Probably 2 days with modest use I presume. I traded the Razr in on Verizon's 14 day return policy. I was getting decent battery life with the Razr but couldn't pass up the Maxx considering it was the same price.. Very Happy

steelman52

Reaction score
Just got the Maxx yesterday, came from the Razr which I had since 11/11/11. So far the battery life is phenomenal. I didn't have a big problem with the Razr battery life and loved the phone, but I had the chance to get the Maxx by handing the Razr down to an employee (a very happy employee now!).
I'm so impressed with the battery life that I felt the need to post here. I'm on 11 hours 50 minutes with 75% battery left with moderate use. The Razr would have been about half that left by this time. I'm very pleased! :)

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx

miltk

Reaction score
okay,,,i copied my battery usage for the first charge

here are the numbers...btw endomundo is a distance tracking app. i used it to track my walk. i always keep the display at 30 to 40%, day or night - it's all i ever need.

TOTAL BATTERY LIFE TO <5% WARNING
1d 4hr 56min

display...36%...time on - 6.67 hrs

android os...22% - cpu total 1hr 40 min 57sec
data sent - 6.38 KB
data received - 17 KB

wifi...8%...running - 12.75hrs cpu total - 6s

tetris...5%...cpu total - 24min...cpu foreground - 23m 39s

social location....5%...
cpu total - 54s
cpu foreground - 54s
keep awake - 53s
gps - 24m 17s

endomondo...3%
cpu total 2m 0s
cpu foreground 18s
keep awake - 22min
gps 13m 35s

maps...3%....
cpu total - 4m 27s
cpu - foreground - 2m 40s
keep awake - 3m 18s...gps - 9m
data sent - 293 KB...data received - 4.84KB

android system...2%...cpu total/foreground - 5m/5m...keep awake - 40m...data sent/received - 11/11

voice calls...4% - 10min
phone idle ....6% - 22hr
cell standby....6% - 1d 4hr 30 min

SO TELL ME, in terms of what should be expected, do these numbers seem right for what's advertised? it didn't feel like i was using the phone a lot.

Last edited:

DocsDad

Reaction score
Ended up plugging in after 21 hours of pretty normal use and was at 30% battery remaining. Long day for me. Gaming and web on 4G data early and then wifi at home. Took pics and several short videos.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Finally plugged in at 22% left, and this was heavy use for me. 20 minute phone call, tons of text and emails, quite a bit of web browsing, using the camera, uploading to Facebook and Dropbox, playing Wordfued, using the Battlefield 3 Stats App.

View attachment 46635View attachment 46636

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Third charge and I'm at 51% after 11 hours 4G podcast streaming, Netflix vid at breakfast, constant playing, CDMA/LTE, 3 email apps and 3 rss news feeds.

I've just started to use smart actions and I feel this is just the beginning. Woo Hoo!

Hey wait a minute, smart actions started on it's own and asked me how I wanted my ringtone volume at home, wow how did it know?

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Third charge and I'm at 51% after 11 hours 4G podcast streaming, Netflix vid at breakfast, constant playing, CDMA/LTE, 3 email apps and 3 rss news feeds.

I've just started to use smart actions and I feel this is just the beginning. Woo Hoo!

Hey wait a minute, smart actions started on it's own and asked me how I wanted my ringtone volume at home, wow how did it know?

You guys are starting to depress me...

connorandrew

Reaction score
Started work at six now 330 Used phone All day with 4g still at 70 percent. This is quite amazing!